Hey. Happy Wednesday! Keeping up with my countdown? I’m three classes + five finals away from the end – so close! As I was munching on my veggie wrap at school today, I realized that everything I packed to eat as my lunch was vegan… and when I thought about it some more, my breakfast was animal-product free too. Enter spontaneous idea here: I decided to challenge myself to eat an entirely vegan diet for the day. It was a success! …and really not all that difficult. After all, it was initially an unintentional effort.
Here is what my vegan for a day diet consisted of. [Don’t judge. I eat a lot!]
- 1 c. Raisin Bran, 1/2 banana, 1T walnuts, 3/4 c. soy milk
- 4 dried apricots + 6 dark chocolate almonds – I checked, the chocolate is milk free : )
- lavash wrap w/ hummus, tomato, cucumber & lettuce
- 1 organic d’anjou pear
- Cranberry Crunch Bar [featured below]
- iced soy latte
- leftover simply soy, sesame, almond butter tofu + brown rice & veggies
- more chocolate almonds + a small box of raisins
Would you ever consider living a vegan lifestyle? If you are vegan, why so? I have NO desire to become a vegan anytime soon. Personally, I think it is too ‘intense’ of a lifestyle. I am fortunate enough to not have any food allergies that require me to give up dairy. Plus, my passion for baking is too strong for me to consider giving up my buttah : )
* * *
Alright, time to hook you up with free, wholesome [and perhaps vegan] goodies! Do you remember when Santa brought me a box of Element Bars? It was surely one of my favorite holiday gifts. I was so excited when I discovered this create-your-own bar company, that I may have helped Santa and his elves in their workshop ; ) You can read about my first review of my personalized bars right here.
After complimenting the company on loving every bite of each of the dozen bars, they generously offered to send me a second box of free bars to sample. Opening the package was like Christmas all over again, except this time I didn’t know which flavor(s) I would receive. Inside was a fruity trio: Blueberry Repair, Cranberry Crunch, and Fruit Blaster flavors – yummy!
The even better part… they offered to hook one of my readers up with 1 FREE box of personalized Element Bars – a $36 value!
There are four ways to enter the giveaway:
1. Visit the Element Bars site, create your dream bar, and share your creation in a comment below.
2. Follow me on Twitter.
3. Tweet about the giveaway [including the post URL].
4. Mention the giveaway in a blog post of your own.
Each of these count as 1 entry, and you must leave a comment for each form of entry. The fun ends THURSDAY, May 20th @ 8:00pm. Good luck!
Oh!… and all who participate will receive a special discount code for 15% off a box of bars, so go get creative.