Loadin’ UP for Departure

by Hillary on August 5, 2010

Forget about the Zucchini Parmesan recipe. Make room in your cookie jar for these guys:

026

• 1/4 c. organic cane sugar
  • 3 T unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 c. chocolate chips, semisweet
  • 1/2 c. pecans, coarsely chopped

In a small bowl, mix together dry ingredients [flour –> salt]. In a larger bowl, cream together the bananas, butter and sugars. Add the egg + vanilla. Then add in the dry ingredients. Lastly, fold in chocolate chips + pecans. Drop rounded tablespoons on a buttered baking sheet and bake for 14-18 minutes @ 350* until golden. Enjoy hot out of the oven, or wrap them up for a sweet thank you.

042

While in the kitchen, a whipped up a double batch of Green Goddess Summer Pesto, and then proceeded to stick all of it in the freezer to take with me to school. I didn’t even dip my finger in… but my dad did and exclaimed, “This is damn good!”.

Basil Parsley Pesto II

• 1 huge bunch of organic basil, ~ 2 c.
  • 1/2 c. organic homegrown parsley
  • 2/3 c. parmesan, finely grated via a microplane
  • 2/3 c. walnuts
  • 1/2 c. olive oil
  • 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped

027

035

030

To make/bake before Monday:

I hope I have the time to cross them all off between working Fri + Sat, running, laundering, packing, and any other spontaneous activities that come up during my last few days on the cool, Redwood coast.

The excitement is exponentially increasing as the Healthy Living Summit draws closer; T-1 week ‘til I depart for Chicagooo! Remind me if you’re going : )

Have a great [SYTYCD] Thursday night!

Hillary

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) August 5, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Ahh I can’t believe you’re heading back to school soon! This summer has passed by so quickly. I’m glad I don’t have to go back, although I’m starting to feel like being a student forever might be a good idea.

Perhaps I’ll just have to visit you in Cali!

Sana August 5, 2010 at 10:15 pm

I just adoreee pestooo! It is prolly my fav dish to make :) I will be at HLS! Where do you go to school?

Lisa (bakebikeblog) August 5, 2010 at 10:21 pm

My goodness – you HAVE been busy!

Lauren August 6, 2010 at 4:04 am

Oh wow, those cookies look awesome! Okay, forget the veggies, now I want cookies!! :)

Alycia @ Fit n Fresh August 6, 2010 at 5:26 am

YUM! Those cookies need to be made by me asap! Can’t wait ’til HLS! :)

christina August 6, 2010 at 6:26 am

you’re a baking queen lately!! i love both of those recipes :)

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life August 6, 2010 at 9:18 am

LOVE your spin on the cookies! They look great! :)

Jane @ Sweet Basil Kitchen August 6, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Yep…going to HLS. Should be a great weekend! See you there!

Lauren @ Health on the Run August 7, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Oh my gosh — those loaded banana chocolate chippers look amazing!!! I need to make some for myself immediately!

I’m impressed that you not only made a bunch of pesto to take back to school (excellent idea, btw), but that you saved every last drop of it!

Anne @ the doctor takes a wife August 7, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Both of these recipes look rockin’. I need a food processor so I can make that pesto. I’m workin on it :)

Alaina August 7, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Totes making those cookies tonight. Dinner? They’re healthy, right?…they have bananas and oats in them! That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. hah.

Samantha August 23, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I just made the Banana Chocolate Chippers and they are AMAZING! Keep up the great recipes! My next venture are the Zucchini and Feta Pancakes! Yum!