Remember me saying I had a nutty recipe coming your way soon? I do, I do indeed! Today I attempted Ashley’s almond butter… roasted maple cinnamon almond butter, that is.
I adore nut butters, and I go through a heck of a lot of PB + AB jars [OIAJ – yes please!], but why spend $$$ on TJ’s Roasted Flax Almond Butter every few weeks when I could whip it up myself!? [I think I will add flax in Round II.]
My first attempt at almond butter didn’t turn out “drippy”, but instead is rather dry. Help, Ash! So… I have some work to do in the texture department, but the flavor is exquisite – holy nutty deliciousness!
Oats, toast, and cinnamon grahams – you best be ready for some nut butter lovin’!
Roasted Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter
Recipe Courtesy: Edible Perspective
2 c. almonds
3 T pure maple syrup
2 T PURE maple syrup [read instructions]
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T canola oil
I doubled the recipe because I had faith this recipe was a winner!
- Preheat your oven to 325*.
- Line a pan with parchment if you don’t want to clean a sticky mess! Pour the almonds on the pan with 3T of the maple syrup.
- Roast for ~15min, stirring 3 times. Watch so they don’t burn.
- Let them cool for 10+ minutes.
- Put in the food processor.
- Turn the processor on + let it go until it’s buttery, ~15 minutes. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Add in the salt, cinnamon and 2T maple syrup and process again until smooth + combined.
- Stream in 1T oil and process until smooth consistency is reached. If it’s still not smooth enough, add another 1T of oil, but that shouldn’t be necessary. Just be patient :)
Have you ever attempted making nut butter? I think salt kissed cashew butter is up next!