What I Learned Today

1. Don’t eat cottage cheese and/or drink carbonated kombucha before running to avoid a killer stomach ache.

2. A single vegan coconut oat pancake topped with roasted maple cinnamon almond butter and banana makes an epic afternoon snack.

3. Backing up your computer files to an external hard drive is a very wise idea. I can’t even imagine what I would do if my computer crashed with the past 3 1/2+ years of my life.

015

I bought the 1TB hard drive at Costco – best $100 investment I’ve made in a while.

image

A few clicks and 30 or so minutes later, I gave a huge sigh of relief as all of my 9,000 something files settled into their new home.

4. Don’t publish a blog post for the sake of posting.

Last night I was under the weather, and wasn’t inspired to take photos of my dinner – though delicious! – under the horrid kitchen table lighting. I did anyway, wrote a few words, and then published the most uninteresting post. Instead of deleting it, I learned from it:

Post content you, yourself, would want to read. If it’s not in the slight bit interesting to you, why would anyone else care to read it? I don’t have mad photography talent, so it’s usually a good thing when I have substance behind what I share. Though it’s daring to post your raw feelings, do it! Most of the time, there is someone else out there wearing the same pair of shoes. As said many times, if you’re so concerned about increasing readership of your blog, focus on quality over quantity. Post when the inspiration strikes and be proud of your work.

I hope you all had a great Running Tuesday! I finished my first week of training for half #4 today with a cold trail run. My recap of the week is up, if you care to read :)

My hunger awaits… until later,

Hillary

You learn something new every day.

What did you learn today?

LIKE THIS POST?

Sign up to receive updates in your inbox.

Comments

1. says

Great point about not posting just for the sake of posting. Being totally honest with blogging is something I’m working on – it is tough, but you’re right, you need to be genuine and write about what you care about in order to succeed.

2. says

I am guilty too of posting something, just to post. Then I read them again and think, “good gosh, what as I doing? I’m boring myself about myself.”

Though I did resonate with your post last night: getting back to your old schedule is so mentally draining!

3. says

Today I learned that I love eating raw beets! While juicing them I was ate them raw and they were so good!

I just recently backed up my entire computer using mozy.com! Basically you can access your files from any computer and if (heaven forbid) both your external hard drive and computer get trashed–then it’s still there floating around. :)

4. says

What a great blog :) I agree about the quality over quantity thing… I was actually just thinking about that yesterday. I get so stressed about having to post, sometimes I post just to do it instead of putting 100% into it! Thanks for the inspiration.

5. says

I thought your family post was just perfect! Sometimes short and simple are the best! Especially when they have yummy pictures! I learned that my homemade sandwich thins taste amazing with peanut butter!
    …and that if I go in for math help, I actually get my homework done and it’s a lot easier versus coming home, stressing, and not even looking at it the whole night becasue I am too afraid to even think about approaching the dang assignment! LOL

6. says

I’ve learned that I should start living up to the phrase “actions speak louder than words”. I need to start treating others the way I would like to be treated. Something I need to work on with my current bf, UGH. lol.

7. says

I learned that caffeine has more of an effect than I thought. I’ve hardly had ANY the past week (been dealing with some stomach issues) then randomly decided to have a Diet Pepsi, and now I’m shaking.

Boo. :(