randomness rules.

Good, jolly ol’ morning!

Why so chip this Saturday, you might ask?

1. The sky is blue and there are little yellow suns starring at me on my iGoogle homepage.

2. I just devoured 2 monstrous multigrain pancakes a la banana, toasted pecans and coconut.

3. I can not stop laughing about the epicness that was last night.

LOL!

My mind’s a little scattered at the moment, thus I have the most random things to say:

1. Super Bowl Weekend. Are you watching the big game? I know zero about football. Ask me what a touch down is and I doubt I could tell you. I do know that the Green Bay Packers are playing tomorrow. Chico is decked out in green & gold in support of their local quarterback. Yes, Aaron Rodgers is a Chico native. I may have made pumpkin waffles for his little brother once.

2. On the subject of celebs and television… Miss Shawntel [a.k.a. funeral home girl] from The Bachelor is also from Chico, and her dad’s a professor at the university I attend? Small world!

3. Enough celebricizing already. I’ll leave that to Skinny Runner. Speaking of running, Thursday I had an unexpected long and excellent treadmill run. Maybe you’ll want to give it a try.

• 10 minutes @ 7.4mph
  • 10 minutes @ 7.6mph
  • 10 minutes @ 7.8mph
  • 10 minutes @ 8.0mph
  • 20 minutes alternating 7.2 & 8.2 every 2 minutes

Total: 60 minutes / 7.83 miles + 0.5 mi. indoor track warm-up

4. Lastly, I finally spoke to my doctor about my blood test results and will be sharing the truth behind my serious sugar struggle with y’all very soon.

Well, that was surely random. But ya know what? Life is a lot more FUN that way. I’ve gotta clean up my pancake production line in the kitchen and then organize my life/put my weekend to-do list in order – oh, the irony!

Happy Saturday!

Hill

Get the Nutrition Nut Newsletter delivered to your email inbox.

Comments

1. says

You watch the Bachelor too?!? I like how you introduced her as “the funeral girl”…that’s what we call her too! bahaha

That run sounds great…I’m going to have to keep that one in mind!

I hope there is good news from the blood test results!

P.S. Happy Super Bowl Sunday (even though I just learned the playing teams this morning, lol)

2. says

Hey Hillary…so I’ve literally been blog stalking you for a year (so creepy, I know). Anyway I just wanted to say how much I love your blog, and what a great motivation you are for all college students to keep balance between school and exercise and life…even if you don’t always feel like you have it. You DEFINITELY have more balance than 99% of other college kids, including myself ( : Anyways just wanted to say hi and come out of hiding…less creepy or more creepy…you decide ( ;

3. says

Hi there! I just found your blog and I’m really loving it. Your workout sounds like a great, tough one and I would try it if I could last more then 3 miles on the dreadmill without dieing of boredom :) I can’t wait to read more of your blog, and I’d love for you to come check out mine sometime!

4. Ash says

Awesome workout!

8.0 mph for 10 minutes? I couldn’t do that! Did you work your way up to going that fast or has that always been a pace you could do? (just wondering, because I love running and want to increase my speed a bit)

• Hillary says

Several months ago, I probably would have thought 10 minutes @ 8.0mph sounded crazy, but I guess all the treadmill training is working. I don’t think of myself as a naturally fast runner. Increase your speed gradually — you’ll get there!

5. Kelly says

I just did your run this morning! Went ’til 62 minutes to finish the full 8 miles – I’m training for my first 10 miler in April, it was such a good work out!!