seeing green.

by Hillary on March 17, 2011

I am not a wee bit Irish. I don’t know why I felt it important to wear green today – I just really like this Abercrombie hoodie my roomie gave me – but I did feel it important to consume my greens today. I passed by the cruciferous cabbage for other green edibles at the market. I think my parents and I were seeing green by the end of dinner tonight.

002

spinach & arugula with pear, dried cherries, toasted walnuts, gorgonzola and dressing of Humboldt honey, balsamic and olive oil

001

009

pizza a la Alvarado Street’s California crust + local basil pesto, red potatoes [sliced and steamed], caramelized red onion, local chevre and white cheddar… topped with more arugula

I like making pizza for parents – simple and tasty with a touch of gourmet ;)

My Spring “Break” on the coast is coming to close, and surprisingly, I am eager to return inland to my humble abode…

Are you a fan of the traditional Irish holiday meal?

What are you favorite green edibles?

Chloe @ 321delish March 18, 2011 at 7:37 am

I could eat a variation of the fruit/nut/cheese salad every day for the rest of my life. Always so fresh and satisfying!

Recently I have been really enjoying artichokes! They are delicious on their own with a little mustard/mayo sauce, in salads and DEFINITELY on pizza!

LauraJayne March 18, 2011 at 8:18 am

Yesterday was full of school, work, and basketball, so I’m going to celebrate St. Patty’s Day today by wearing green (my KU shirt) and eating greens that are totally inspired by yours! Have a great weekend!

Donna March 18, 2011 at 11:05 am

WRONG, little missy, you are a bit Irish. Your GGG Grandmother Mary Magladery was born in NYC of Irish parents (McGladery and McKee). Mary married Robert Parker in San Leandro, gave birth to David Elmer. David Elmer begat David Henry, who begat David Jon.
SO you were wearing green and eating green for a very good reason!

Hillary March 18, 2011 at 6:50 pm

I’m embarrassed, as you know we’ve discussed this a time or two before.

Donna March 18, 2011 at 8:00 pm

NO reason to be embarrassed… why would you want to remember this trivia about who begat who… (and you know it is my job to make sure that everyone is duly corrected.)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn March 18, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I am craving homemade pizza. Slash greens are my faveskies. So refreshing :)

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing March 19, 2011 at 9:46 am

That looks DIVINE! And I love that you were “corrected” about your heritage ;) So cute.

Cara March 19, 2011 at 3:35 pm

That salad looks awesome! I am not a fan of the traditional Irish holiday meal at all. I love spinach and kale, they are my greens of choice!

Katy March 20, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I need to recreate that salad asap! That looks fantastic! My favorite greens have to be collard greens and kale!