merry + bright.

by Hillary on December 28, 2011

Since I was a little girl, I have always loved decorating our home for the holidays.

This year wasn’t any different.

I set the table with a rustic, edible arrangement a la

mason jars, raffia, fresh cranberries + sweetened coconut.

I added a few Christmas tree clippings,

some small ornaments, and a sprinkle of sparkly glitter.

I realize Christmas 2011 is over, but I can’t get myself to pack up the the handmade stockings and red + green cheer quite yet.

Are you sad Christmas is over, or are you ready + excited for the new year?

By the way, I highly recommend the chocolate hazelnut almond coconut tart I made for Christmas Eve dinner. This gluten-free dessert was quite a hit!

Blast From the Past: A Christmas Story {December 2009}

I need to put away the product of a new recipe!

See ya!

Hill

EmailFacebookPinterestTwitter

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon December 28, 2011 at 5:46 pm

I always used to love decorating the house with my mom, but since going awayto college, I’ve been missing out. My mom always does it without me and by the time I get home, there isn’t an inch left of house to decorate!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 28, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Your house is BEYOND beautiful. Seriously. Can I move in?

Elina (Healthy and Sane) December 28, 2011 at 6:03 pm

In Russia, we have a “Christmas tree” for New Years so I’m happy to leave all the decorations until early January. Why not if it makes you happy? :)

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes December 28, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I am so bummed that Christmas is over! But I am excited for the New Year :D

Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! December 28, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I LOVE your decorations! Your house is too cute! I need to try out that tart. I just found out I can’t have gluten, so I am slowly learning how to cook gluten free!

Hillary December 28, 2011 at 8:31 pm

It’s decadent & delicious!

Allison December 29, 2011 at 4:18 am

Your house and table setting looks beautiful! I haven’t put any decorations away yet either, although I should since I don’t have to work this week and won’t have any motivation next week after a long day at work…

Jen@FoodFamilyFitness December 29, 2011 at 1:23 pm

The decorations are gorgeous!
I am sad Christmas is over, but I’m not taking the decorations down yet, I’ll do that after the first of the year!