24-minute {HIIT to FIT} run.

by Hillary on February 22, 2012

I’ve got one heck of a workout for you all today.

Recently I’ve been inspired to post my workouts on the blog after hearing that you are giving them a try yourself. I use DailyMile to log all of my physical activity, but I’m excited to highlight favorite workouts/runs via Pinterest-friendly images more often.

Last week, I came up with this quick + speedy run. I “enjoyed” the different lengths of intervals; it kept my mind focused on changing the speed button, instead of the speed of the treadmill belt under my feet.

If you’re intimidated at all by the speed, feel free to adjust the workout to your comfort level. For example, you could do all of the intervals 1.0mph slower (i.e. 90 sec. @ 7.5 // 30 sec. @ 6.5).

Happy Workout Wednesday!

Hill

Of Possible Interest:

EmailFacebookPinterestTwitter

Heidi @ Idlehide February 22, 2012 at 8:19 am

Thanks so much for posting treadmill workouts, I’ll have to try the 24-minute run. I’ve been working on my speedwork to get a PR at a half in May, do you find the treadmill sprints help you? (I am so envious of your half PR!) :)

Hillary February 22, 2012 at 2:46 pm

YES! Speed work + strength training = fitter + faster :)

Caroline February 22, 2012 at 11:01 am

Love this! I’m always looking for new variations of intervals to try because I tend to get bored of them quickly. I agree it’s nice to mix it up within the intervals with different lengths of time, etc.

Also, I’ve been meaning to tell you I’ve been putting the treadmill incline up to 1.0 now and it’s been helping a lot with the shin splints! So simple, yet so awesome. Thanks again : )

Hillary February 22, 2012 at 2:47 pm

So glad to hear that! :)

lindsay February 22, 2012 at 2:04 pm

love these short little workouts, wahoo!!

Hillary February 22, 2012 at 2:46 pm

short, but sweet… I mean sweaty! ;)

Caitlyn February 23, 2012 at 8:48 am

This was great! I was a hot, sweaty mess afterwards…which is the best way to end a workout, in my opinion. Thanks for posting the HIIT to FIT runs. Absolutely love them.

Stephanie February 23, 2012 at 7:41 pm

I HATE the dreadmill, but as a teacher, I have to be at work by 7:30, so any morning workout has to be done well before dawn, in the gym. Anyways, I’ve tried to take “advantage” of it and do some interval stuff, or work on speed, and tried this workout this morning (slowed down quite a bit) and it was awesome, and not too complicated. Thanks so much!