National Runnin’ Day

Well, hey!

Did you all know today was National Running Day? I was a little out of the loop and didn’t realize it until earlier today… but, nonetheless, I celebrated. I am the Nutrition Nut on the run after all.

natlrunday

After work, much of it being at the computer, I was itching to get my legs runnin’.

• 30 minutes treadmill @ 1.0 incline – 3.3 miles
    • 4 min. @ 4.6 // 6 min. @ 7.6
    • 4 min. @ 4.8 // 6 min. @ 7.8
    • 4 min. @ 5.0 // 6 min. @ 8.0
  • 10 minutes StairMaster @ 130

and then… I spotted a sandbag on the floor. I thought the WREC had gotten rid of them, but apparently not. Swoon.

• 5 burpees @ 50lb.
  • 10 high-pulls @ 50lb.
  • 15 squats @ 50lb.

repeat set… then 10 burpees to finish it off.

& because it is was all about running today, I thought I’d round up a few of my favorite running-related blog posts from the archives (in no particular order).

If you haven’t already… you may check out My Running History and Training + Racing Page, too!

Did you celebrate National Running Day?

Why do you run?

G’night, friends!

Hill

Get the Nutrition Nut Newsletter delivered to your email inbox.

Comments

1. Diana says

Ack, burpees!

I sure did run – got my 12 miles in before class this morning. I’d forgotten it was National Running Day, but found it rather fitting considering how lovely my pre-class jaunt was :)

2. says

Great workout! I sadly did not celebrate national running day yesterday : ( I’m still recovering from an injury, but I’m hoping to get back to it soon!

3. says

I “celebrated” Running Day by receiving my compression sleeves in the mail! I didn’t actually run, though, since the day was a rest day in my half-marathon training, so my belated running-related celebration will be today :)

4. says

I run to eat more cake. I love your running pictures…your legs are AWESOME!! Every “professional” shot taken of me, I look like a dying old woman. It’s scary.

• Hillary says

Good answer. I actually use to own a t-shirt that said “I run” (on the front) “to eat more chocolate cake” (on the back).

5. Nicole says

What’s a sandbag??? I got a membership @ 24 Hour Fitness! They had a great deal w/ no initiation fees! And I got 4 sessions of personal training sessions! It was a great deal! I’ve got some great workouts! I hope you’re doing well!

6. Mom says

Love the new look! (blog makeover, that is) Keep those inspirational and informative posts coming! :) oxo