The Push-It Push-Up Workout

by Hillary on June 25, 2012

Hey Friends!

I hope ya all have had a good Monday. I owe ya’ll some photos a la my new camera, but I thought, tonight, I’d share with you my Monday Moves. I don’t know whether it was the photos of my birthday twin’s killer 8-pack or the ice cream indulgences this weekend, but I didn’t mess around at the WREC today.

Warm-Up

• 4 x 20 sec. kettlebell swings @ 25lb.
  • 4 x 20 sec. squat w/ knee twist @ 25lb.

Track Set

• 2 min. each @ 1.0 / 2.0 / 3.0 / 4.0 incline – 7.8mph

Cardio/Strength Set

• 1 min. jump rope
  • 10 push-ups

repeat 4x

• 10 front squats w/ 50lb. sandbag

My philosophy: sweat regularly, indulge often.

Tomorrow’s Runnin’ Tuesday, but my motivation to run these days is minimal. Let’s be DailyMile pals or fellow FITspiration friends!

See ya soon :)

Hill

Kaitlyn @ Chocolate Running Shoes June 26, 2012 at 2:01 am

Hey Hillary! I just found your blog a few weeks ago, and I love it! This workout is awesome…jump roping is one of my absolute favorite things to do!!! :)
Happy Tuesday!

Karla @ myhighonlife June 26, 2012 at 3:47 am

Now this is a workout I have to try! I have zero running motivation too and I’m currently supposed to be training for marathon #2…

Cait's Plate June 26, 2012 at 5:09 am

Haha – I LOVE that philosophy…I live by the same rule :)

Ali June 26, 2012 at 10:47 am

I second Cait – dig your philosophy ;)!

Meghan @ After the Ivy League June 26, 2012 at 11:29 am

Looks like an awesome workout! I like the treadmill idea of running at the same speed and increasing the incline slowly, looks super tough!

Brittany June 27, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I’m going to make it running wednesday and I’ll make sure to dailymile it… no gps watch today, so just a “free and easy” {but still hard} run!

Your workout sounds awesome, you certainly did not mess around! Have a good wednesday :)

elle @ nutritionella June 27, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I’ve been LOVING on pushups lately – until I caught a glimpse of my upper back in the reflection of the microwave tonight and it made me love them a WHOLE lot more. This looks like a badass workout! <3

Hillary June 27, 2012 at 10:30 pm

woot woot — yay for strong, sexy muscles!!

Angie @ The Fitness Apple July 2, 2012 at 5:16 am

SO for the treadmill set, do I start with 2 mins at 1 incline at 7.5 miles an hour then go to 4 mins 4 incline at 4.5mph then back to 2 mins at 1 incline at 7.5 miles an hour then back to the top? Can you explain this one a little bit better because it looks like a real intense workout I would wanna attempt! You can write back to me through my blog or email at avenetos@luc.edu – thanks! :)

Hillary July 2, 2012 at 3:33 pm

2 mins @ 1.0, 2 mins @ 2.0, 2 mins @ 3.0, 2 mins @ 4.0 (8 mins total @ 7.5mph)

Rest with 4 mins walking, then repeat first set @ 7.8mph.

Hope that helps! :)

Corrie Anne July 2, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Fun workout!! I love all those things mixed together. Variety!!