Hey there! How was your long weekend?
After my Thanksgiving morning WOD, I jumped in the car and hit the road to visit my family in Sonoma County for the holiday.
The WOD was even more fun than I had expected. I’m glad I got one more crossfit workout in before the indulgent weekend. #sweatdailyindulgeoften
During my three hour drive to and from my grandparent’s house, I reflected on many things I have to be grateful for in this amazing life.
In the hustle and bustle of life, it can often be easy to stack up your pile of problems so high that they block your view of all the wonderful things you have to be grateful for.
This subdued, reflective holiday weekend, my mind had a chance to push the pile to ground and appreciate the little things that give me that utmost gratitude.
– baking cookies in my grandma’s kitchen
– late-night chats with my grandma about the grandpa I never met
– my healthy body that proves to me it’s stronger and faster than I give it credit for
– living in breath-taking Northern California
– cloudless November days and BIG fall leaves
– the freedom of my comfortable, dependable car
– getting a pedicure with my grandma; watching TV with my almost 91-year-old grandpa
– a Thanksgiving table of family that couldn’t be more opposite or love each other more
– fresh greens, creamy pumpkin pie, and homemade whipping cream
– solo afternoon Sunday baking (recipe redemption!) a la iced coffee
photos a la Instagram – follow me!
My first week of 10K training is complete! I switched up my original fitness schedule for the week, but I feel good about the four days of running (not including running at the box) and four crossfit workouts. I’m right on track and ready for Week #2!
Week in Fitness
M – CrossFit + 20 min. (2.75 mi.) run
T – CrossFit + 3 mi. run
W – CrossFit
Th – CrossFit
F – 4 mi. run @ 7:41 pace
Sa – Rest Day
Su – 4 mi. tempo run (2 mi. @ 7:03 pace)
10 burpees + tuck jump
15 incline sit-ups
20 jumping lunges
What are you grateful for?
Have a healthy week ya’ll! :)