1. I was skimming through my blog dashboard this afternoon – the behind the scenes stuff – and for some reason, I was compelled to dig deeper into my WordPress database of the day with the most pageviews. Ironically, it happened to be February 19, 2011!! Quite the coincidence.
The main source of said traffic was from Carrots ‘N’ Cake. I had written a guest post for Miss Tina, Nuts About Running: Tips for Training Indoors. Re-reading past posts is inspiring. I can hardly believe two whole years have passed since that was written. I can hardly believe that I am carrying on without the WREC, that I haven’t run on a treadmill in months!, and that I referenced light weight lifting. One thing that hasn’t changed since then is my perspective on accepting rest days:
Many of us exercise enthusiasts fear rest days; though, there is no need to feel guilty about revitalizing days away from the gym. Training day in and day out takes a lot from an individual physically and mentally. With all of my training schedules, I “schedule in” 1 day off per week. Not only do I do so to prevent injury and allow my body to recuperate from any strenuous exercise… I do it to recharge my mind. And when an unexpected rest day(s) arises – from illness, injury, life – keep your chin up!
2. I feel like I’m getting another cold. Again, so soon!? Not cool.
3. It felt like the longest 8 hours at work today. The signs of a cold coming on only made it that much longer. I was iffy about exercising after work.
4. When you open your mailbox to a shiny, hot pink package with a new workout outfit inside, you forget all about the cold coming on and get amped up for a WOD.
5. 75 was the name of the game tonight: push jerk @ 75# // 75 burpees // 75 chest-to-bar pull-ups. Fitter in February, I think yes!
6. I totally understand the idea of CrossFit as a form of meditation. It works for me.
7. Your body can only handle so much raw kale & Brussels salad. Too much of anything, even healthy food, isn’t necessarily a good thing.
8. Avocado toast may be a new addiction.
9. CrossFit cereal cravings are going strong.
10. I was reminded I over-pronate (can you spy the evidence?)… my medial knee pain… most likely not a coincidence. A cousin to my beloved Asics are amidst their travels to my doorstep!
11. I don’t have cable; therefore, every Tuesday I have a hot date with Miss Mac and The Bachelor… which means I must end this brain dump of a post stat.
12. Good night // Happy Running Tuesday // Happy Birthday, Dad.