HAPPY Summer 2013!
It’s hard to believe that today marks the official first day of summer as the temp here has already hit 111F, homemade raspberry mojitos have happened more than once, and a slather of SPF is a part of my a.m. routine.
Summer cooking – or lack there of – has commenced as well. Fresh farmer’s market fruit and veggies find their way into nearly every meal and snack, morning and night. I thought today would be an appropriate day to dig up some of my favorite light, summer recipes from the archives — enjoy!
Savory Summer Recipes:
- Edamame, Avocado + Corn Summer Salad
- Edamame Arugula Spread
- Green Goddess Summer Pesto
- Honey + Basil Walnut-Crusted Salmon
- Light Lemon Zucchini Pasta
- Low-Fat Greek-Style Quinoa Burgers
- Summery Salmon w. Apricot Peach Salsa
- Whole Wheat Pasta w. Arugula, Gorgonzola + Walnuts
- Zucchini Feta Pancakes
Slightly Sweet Summer Treats:
- Coconut Zucchini Muffins
- Fresh Peach Coconut Pecan Muffins
- Peach Berry Buttermilk Muffins
- Peach Blueberry Crisp
I’m headed to the lovely Sonoma County today to extend my 24th birthday celebrations…
Have a fabulous summer weekend!! :)
* * *
What are your favorite summer fruits and/or veggies?
Any fun summer activities planned for the weekend?