As long as the triple digit temps are in full swing, smoothies are here to stay.
Nowadays, the majority of my smoothie creations include a handful or two of leafy greens, but – besides their vibrant color – they were not missed in this recipe.
Summer stone fruit stole the spotlight. The added bit of banana made it sweet and creamy, while the coconut and almond butter added rich flavor… and healthy fat!
Apricot Peach Smoothie
Makes 1 large smoothie.
- 2 frozen apricots, halved
- 1/2 c. frozen peach slices
- 1/2 frozen banana, sliced
- 1/2 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 c. unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 1 T ground flaxseed
- 1 T unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 T creamy almond butter
Mix all ingredients in a blender until thick and creamy.Note: If you do not have frozen fruit, you could use fresh fruit and add ice.