Workout Wednesday — what is up!?
I may have gone a little overboard with my enthusiasm for a pyramid workout. I wanted to switch things up by incorporating multiple toys into today’s routine. I’m not saying single equipment workouts (i.e. Booty Burner Tabata Workout) are not sweat-inducing, metabolism-enhancing, or effective on their own; but, I had feeling I could create a sizzlin’ workout with this weight triplet. I didn’t expect it to be the high-intensity cardio workout that it… but 60 burpees and plyometric squats will do that for you.
I completed 3 rounds of the September Sizzler indoors a la AC, but if it’s not triple digit weather in your neck of the woods, I encourage you to take it outside to a park (Slurp Up September tip #7).
What You’ll Need
- 1 kettlebell, 10-35lb.
- 1 pair of dumbbells, 5-15lb.
- 1 medicine ball, 6-12lb.
- deadlift + high-pull
- pile jump squats: hold medicine ball with both hands in the center of your chest
- figure-8 or figure-8 and hold
- uneven push-ups
- move quickly from one move to the next
- to make the plank easier, break it up into 2 x 60 sec. planks or 4 x 30 sec. planks, etc.
- workout time: approx. 30-35 minutes