It’s time to get dirty.
I may look sweet and innocent, but don’t let that fool you — I can create a wicked tough workout.
I did this workout Sunday (in approximately 20 minutes). It wasn’t actually all that brutal in the moment — heavy, but not huff and puff until your lungs burst status.
Then there was Monday. My inner thighs were screaming sore… hurts-to-squat-on-the-toilet sore; yes, you know what I am talking about.
Don’t let that frighten you though; soreness = smiling muscles.
I hope you enjoy this CrossFit-inspired workout… and don’t be afraid to get a little dirt on your hands.
What You’ll Need
- 1 kettlebell
- 1 athletic sandbag OR substitute 1 pair of heavier dumbbells
- kettlebell swings
- weighted lunges — sandbag on my shoulders
- plie squats + high pull
- single arm swings
- single arm high pulls
- hang cleans
- weighted squats — sandbag on my shoulders
- speed skaters — hold a kettlebell with two hands; step to the right, cross your left leg behind you as you raise the kettlebell up into the high pull position; bend your knees and lower the weight outside your right leg; repeat on the other side
- For Exericses #1, 4, 5, and 9, I used one 25lb. kettlebell
- For Exercise #2, 3, 6, 7, and 8, I used one 35lb. athletic sandbag
If you do not have access to a sandbag, here are alternatives:
- lunges: hold one dumbbell in each hand
- plie squats + high pull: use one kettlebell
- thrusters: use two dumbbells
- hang cleans: use a barbell
- weighted squats: hold one kettlebell
* * *
What exercises are guaranteed to make your muscles scream?