What I’m Loving Lately {January 2014}

by Hillary on January 25, 2014

The winner of the KIND Giveaway has been announced!

Ahhh, it’s Saturday — bliss. Here are a few things I’ve been loving lately…

Eats

To sip >> Yogi Stomach Ease Tea — a cup of this decaffeinated herbal tea has been my night cap as of late; the ginger and mint soothe my temperamental tummy.

To snack >> Banana, Almond Butter & Hemp Hearts — one sliced, ripe banana + 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds + a big blob of creamy almond butter has become a regular mid-morning snack at the office.

To break a fast >> Banana oatmeal with blueberries (and more almond butter) — I was ALL over the big bag of frozen (USA grown) organic blueberries at Costco.

blueberries

To indulge >> Gluten-Free Almond Meal Brownies

brownies

Exercise

To run free >> Black Nike Free 5.0s — you never have to break-in a new pair of Frees; they’re so so comfy! I actually don’t run in these, but wear them as casual weekend kicks and for non-running exercise (not enough support).

free

To run pain-free >> Patella Support Strap — this was a smart $20 investment, as it has really helped reduce/eliminate my pain. Can’t complain about that!

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

To live in >> Lululemon Bang Busters — also worth the pretty price tag, in my opinion. I haven’t worked out without wearing one since they arrived in the mail last week. I also sport them just because — washing my car, doing chores, etc.

lulu

source

Life

To stay healthy >> Airborne chewable tablets — I’ve been popping 1 to 2 a day to keep the doc away. Didn’t realize, until just now, that they contain artificial flavors though, ick.

airborne

To relax and unwind >> The Bachelor — getting together in the middle of the week my girls to watch Juan Pablo (swoon) and eat the aforementioned brownies has been my preferred way to destress (after a home workout, of course).

juan

Happy Weekending!

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome January 25, 2014 at 7:03 am

There is a natural vitamin C lozenge that I use that doesn’t include all the artificial stuff. I think I bought it at Whole Foods and just ate my last one yesterday so don’t have the name, but they seem to work! Banana, almond butter and hemp hearts is my favorite snack ever! I make “quesadillas” with that combo for my son all the time and he loves them!

Megan @ The Skinny-Life January 25, 2014 at 11:17 am

The almond meal brownies look amazing! Any idea how many calories they are?

Hillary January 25, 2014 at 5:38 pm

No, I don’t. I’m not a calorie counter :)

Becky January 25, 2014 at 11:48 am

How is that tea? I get stomach aches a lot, so an herbal remedy would be a good idea for me. And the taste?

Hillary January 25, 2014 at 5:42 pm

I really like it — a mildly sweet peppermint flavor.

RunnerGirlEats January 26, 2014 at 3:40 am

I need to get that headband! I am always on the search for a headband that keeps hair out of my face adn stays in place. Looking cute is a nice bonus ;)

erin @ a bowl of clowder January 29, 2014 at 4:54 am

Running. Yoga. Road trips with the windows down, when you don’t want hair blowing in your face. Second (or, ahem, third) day hair – they hide ponytail imperfections wonderfully. And if it’s colder than you thought, they’re thick enough to pull down over your ears! Seriously, it’s a pretty perfect headband – in case you wanted a second opinion! ;)

Hillary January 29, 2014 at 8:15 am

I couldn’t agree more!

Lizzie February 1, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Hi I was wondering what kind of knee issue you were dealing with and if the band is worth purchasing? (I am a runner and recently went to the doctor for my knee — overuse.)

THANKS!

Hillary February 2, 2014 at 6:14 pm

I never got a definite diagnosis, albeit seeing numerous docs. The patella strap has seemed to help a lot more than the few other braces I’ve tried. I’d give it a shot; but, honestly, if it’s an overuse injury, rest is your best friend. Good luck! :)