January was a longgg month. You would think, being the first month of a new year and all, I wouldn’t want to turn the first page of Twenty Fourteen so soon; but, honestly, I am eager to flip to a new chapter.
An overload of change in the first month of the year left me feeling drained. There were certainly good days with the crummy days – and always so much to be grateful for – but I am hopeful for February’s fresh start. Much of this excitement is driven from the anticipation of flying off to Hawaii in T-6 weeks from today!!
Anyway, without further ado, here are the happy highlights from January 2014…
Weekly Workouts Posts >>
I’ve enjoyed documenting all of my workouts thus far in 2014. Whether you all find it interesting, inspiring, or useful, recording my exercise is motivation for me to fill my weeks with diverse physical activity.
And extremely minimal knee pain is definitely a favorite for the month!
- Easy Tofu Vegetable Stir-fry
- Easy Salmon Cakes
- Dark Chocolate Almond Meal Cookies with Apricots & Coconut — I need to make another batch!
Recipes are all gluten-free.
- How I Changed My Metabolism
- Rethinking Resolutions — I still haven’t nixed the idea of setting intentions for 2014…
Other Favorites >>
- Nuts & Spices KIND Bars — I’ve been eating one almost every day. Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Pecan would have to be #1 for the month.
- Lululemon Bang Buster headbands — I’m pretty sure I need six more.
* * *
How was your start to 2014?
What was your favorite recipe or workout of the month?