Weekly Workouts & Winter Weekend Cookin’

by Hillary on February 9, 2014

A single visit this week, that was it. Next week oughta be better… a giveaway is coming your way!

At last Sunday’s weekly workout check-in, I believe I said I needed to “turn it up a notch.” Well… it was another two rest days kind of a week again. On the bright side, the five workouts I did complete were all decent — 290 burpees this week ain’t terrible.

I really enjoyed finishing this week with a yoga sequence with Karena from Tone It Up; I hope to incorporate the like into my fitness regime regularly.

Workouts | Week of February 3

Monday – 3 mile run + 60 burpees + Autumn Arms & Abs Workout (3 rounds) + 4 min. plank tabata

Tuesday20-minute Tabata Kettlebell Workout + 5 bodyweight tabatas + 50 burpees

stay tuned for a new Wednesday workout! I was super sore the following day.

WednesdayRest Day

Thursday – 30 min. cycle + Burpee Arm Burner + 2 tabatas

FridayRest Day

Saturday – 20 min. cycle + Dorm Room Dumbbell Workout + 30 extra burpees

Sunday – 20 min. cycle + Burpee Challenge (squats @ 25#) + Love Your Body with Yoga (TIU routine)

<< WEEKEND EATS >>

beets

pancakes

This weekend was ALL rain. Good – Cali needs the agua – but this Humboldt raised girl sort of forgot what one does with rainy weather. How about cook/meal plan!?

This weekend in my kitchen >>

recipes are all gluten-free

green

unsweetened almond milk / avocado / banana / mango / kale / spinach

How did you sweat this wintery weekend?

EmailFacebookPinterestTwitter

Kaitlyn February 10, 2014 at 3:37 am

I am so impressed by how many burpees you do!!! I do 10 and I am out of breath! Go girl!

My workout this weekend was just a 7 mile long run. :)

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat February 10, 2014 at 6:55 am

290 burpees…well done! Burpees are my least favorite exercise; although, I still do them anyway because they’re such a great workout. I did some at-home workouts this weekend (I have lots of DVDs)!

Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life February 10, 2014 at 7:59 am

Ouch! My legs hurt just thinking about doing 290 burpees ;) Don’t beat yourself up over the two rest days. Rest days can be just as beneficial as doing a workout!

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) February 10, 2014 at 12:58 pm

I’m loving the Tone It Up videos! I just started doing them 2 weeks ago. I’m trying to do their different videos 2x/week. I’d love to do their yoga one on Sundays, since I’m most likely going to quit my gym membership. I’m working out too much at home & not using the gym!

I loveeeddd the rain last weekend. I hope it’ll keep it up!

Hillary February 10, 2014 at 1:57 pm

We need more showers, that’s for sure!

Any favorite TIU videos?

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves February 10, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Hooray for burpees! I seriously cannot wait until I can get back into doing lots of them!
I got my sweat on in dance rehearsals on Saturday and Sunday!