Tuesday Tidbits | 2.11.14

by Hillary on February 11, 2014

The first TT post debuted last February; here we are – February Fourteen – with ten more Tuesday tidbits…

1. Tonight is Bachelor night! I am always a week behind because I watch it via the Internet. I may have to try The Bachelor Workout during the show… knowing me though, I’ll probably sit on my rear end and eat gelato.

2. Speaking of gelatooo, you do not want to miss the high protein gelato giveaway!

3. Here’s something that is rather annoying: my jeans are all tight on my left leg… just the left leg! I’ve been noticing this the past few weeks and I don’t like it. The only sensible, and probable, answer I can come up with is that I have been favoring my injured right knee; by putting more of my bodyweight onto my left leg, I’ve developed more muscle mass. Let’s hope that is the story anyway.

4. Kauai countdown: 31 days! Holy guacamole. Tell me your tropical island to-dos!

5. I recently framed a bunch of Instagram photos using FoxGram – prints are very reasonable. Instagram walls are awesome, don’t you agree?

6. Want to know my new favorite things about Tuesday mornings? What’s New Lululemon emails in my inbox. Don’t worry, I don’t purchase something new every Tuesday… but I am waiting for a Lulu package from the postman.

7. I have been drinking cocktails every day… twice a day. Apple cider vinegar “cocktails” — gotcha! With my lunch and dinner, I sip on 8 ounces of cold water with 1/2-1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar. Check out this post from Brittany about the health benefits of ACV.

8. I am craving creamy avocado pasta in a major way. Today I bought a huge *ss Bacon avocado (I swear!) at the natural food store. I must get out my food processor stat.

9. In school this week, we are learning all about raw foods and entrepreneurship/financial goals – diverse, huh? (I promise I’ll write an IIN update soon…)

10. I must replenish my beloved Costco-sized bag of organic, USA-grown frozen blueberries ASAP. My morning oatmeal just isn’t the same without that antioxidant bang.

pear

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine February 11, 2014 at 4:08 pm

So jealous of your upcoming trip! I am dying in the weather! I can’t function! Hopefully your can bring back some warmth for us all ;)

Kaitlyn February 11, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Ahhh I am so obsessed with The Bachelor. I live in Spain and was also a week behind until I discovered you can buy the WHOLE SEASON on iTunes for like $14. For me, it was worth it, and now, I get to watch the episode a few hours after it premiers. I just couldn’t wait A WHOLE WEEK to watch the episode! Also, definitely going to look into The Bachelor Workout you posted, because that seems pretty perfect.

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) February 11, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Definitely do a kayaking tour in Kauai to the Secret Falls. It’s kind of a half day thing where you kayak a couple miles in double seater kayaks down a large river and then go on a 1 mile hike to the Secret Falls, which is beautiful!! Also, eat at Merriman’s — yum!

Hillary February 11, 2014 at 9:04 pm

I’ve gotten a handful of recommendations to do that kayaking/hiking tour — sounds incredible!

christina February 11, 2014 at 7:20 pm

i want to know who your favorite contestant from the bachelor is!

Hillary February 11, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Hmmm… I don’t think I have one. Not a fan of Clare though. You?

christina February 12, 2014 at 6:41 am

Agreed. Clare is definitely my least favorite. Super dramatic! But I have a feeling she’s going to win… I like Renee the best bc she seems the most real and someone I’d actually be friends with. :)

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health February 11, 2014 at 8:50 pm

I don’t think I could deal with being a week behind on The Bachelor, but at least you still get to watch it. I loooove Renee…she’s got to be the sweetest person ever. I also like Andi, but I think he might pick Clare. Ahh, the drama! Wait until you see the next episode. New Zealand is breath taking!

Speaking of breath taking, that’s so awesome you’re going to Kauai!! We’re going to Maui for our honeymoon, but I was seriously considering Kauai. It’s going to be so beautiful!

Hillary February 11, 2014 at 8:57 pm

He better not pick Clare!

Maui will be blissfully romantic :)

Nicole @ Pumps & Iron February 12, 2014 at 4:47 am

Thanks for including my Bachelor Workout! :) I’m with you — butt on couch, food in mouth is my most common position while watching the show haha.

Cassie February 24, 2014 at 6:55 am

You must eat acai bowls in Hawaii… insanely good!