Tone It Up Tabata Workout

by Hillary on February 12, 2014

Don’t miss the incredible Forte Gelato GIVEAWAY {ends tomorrow}!

Last week I did a turbo tabata workout. The intention was to do my trusty 20-minute Tabata Kettlebell Workout (from which I still have an ugly blood blister), but then I wanted more. The endorphins were pumpin’.

So… I added on five bodyweight tabatas (20 intense minutes with a 25 pound kettlebell was enough iron!) to create this Tone It Up Tabata Workout.

You will be drippin’ halfway through this workout. Feel free to switch up the order of the tabatas (i.e. alternate the weighted and bodyweight exercises). This full-body routine will tone up every inch of you body from your deltoids to your derrière.

tabata

<< pin me >>

What You’ll Need

• 1 kettlebell, 10-30lbs.
  • interval timer — I use this Tabata Timer app on my phone

Exercises

kettlebell exercises >>

bodyweight exercises >>

Notes

• for the plank tabata, perform two sets each of elbow plank, straight arm plank, right side, and left side

Tone it up with more tabata workouts!

Valentine’s Day Workout >> Love Your Bod WOD

Would you rather do cardio or strength tabatas?

How are you showing your body some love this week? An extra workout or an extra day of rest?

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat February 12, 2014 at 5:29 am

I have yet to try out a Tabata workout, but this looks like an awesome one!

This week, I discovered the Tone It Up website and I’ve been enjoying their YouTube videos. I’m super excited to have found them!

Hillary February 12, 2014 at 8:34 am

Love the TIU girls!

Emma @ Life's A Runner February 12, 2014 at 5:47 am

Can you believe I’ve never done a single Tabata? I get so frustrated by short workouts that CLAIM to be effective, but leave me barely out of breath, so I think this one should definitely be on my to-do list. :)

Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle February 12, 2014 at 7:13 am

Ahhhh I love me some Tone It Up and I just got a kettlebell, so I will definitely be trying this!

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome February 12, 2014 at 7:24 am

Love Tabata workouts! I’m also loving using kettlebells lately so pinning this for later :-)

Megan @ The Skinny-Life February 12, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Confession – I’ve never done tabata. What is it because I keep hearing about it & feel like I should know what it is?

Hillary February 12, 2014 at 1:39 pm

No worries! Here is a post from The Fitnessista all about Tabata: http://fitnessista.com/2011/12/focus-on-tabata-training/

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) February 12, 2014 at 2:32 pm

I am loving the Tone It Up videos! I’ve trying to run outside or on the treadmill this week 2-3x/week and then do 2-3x/week Tone It Up videos!

Hillary February 12, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Sounds great!

I hope readers aren’t too confused: I just titled this workout the “Tone It Up Tabata Workout”; it’s not a trademarked TIU routine :)