Thursday Things

1 // I am quite thirsty for a ginger beergarita… but have you seen the price of limes!?

2 // I need a dose of therapy stat. Ahem, this bathing suit.

3 // I am intrigued to try oil pulling, as my last dentist appointment was a little less than stellar. Have you tried it?

4 // Roasted cinnamon pecan butter. Oh my heavens! I spontaneously swirled up a small batch of this Sunday with some leftover pecans. Now I’m off to the bulk bins to replenish my nuts. A gallon of this must be made immediately.

5 // Last night – eating dinner alfresco at a local wood-fired pizza joint – a bird pooped on my head! I think that’s a first for me. Glad I was the target and not the pie.

pizza

6 // I went four whole days without coffee… but I then I caved at 10:00am today. I was trying to see if the iced coffee/morning caffeine drip was troubling my tummy; but four days without showed no signs of hope.

7 // It feels really nice to have all of my IIN work for the week done already. Free weekend from “homework” = out of town with family.

8 // My scale has been hiding under my bed since May 1 (and I don’t remember the last time I weighed myself before then); feeling curvier, but trying my best to break up with the scale for good.

9 // This kettlebell complex strength building workout looks killer!

10 // I am sort of obsessed with my new 100% Pure skin care routine.

pure

LIKE THIS POST?

Sign up to receive updates in your inbox.

Comments

1. says

Um, yeah, the Tone It Up bikinis are adorable. I’m just afraid they wouldn’t look so adorable on me. :)

Nice work on the scale breakup! After marathon training, I thought I had lost weight, but the truth was, I had just lost muscle from not doing as much HIIT and doing more strict running instead. Turns out, it changed how I saw those few extra lbs… they’re just proof I got my muscle back when I saw the scale go back up again.

I definitely need to get a new skin routine as my skin just hasn’t been happy lately.

2. says

I’ve noticed the pricey limes, too! It’s slightly ridiculous – lemon juice on tacos might need to start being a thing. ;) And don’t worry about the bird poop – in Italy, it is totally good luck.

Also, I’m sending you a virtual high five for keeping your scale far far under your bed. We all know how dumb math and numbers are anyway (:

• Hillary says

Hehe, thanks Miss Grace — you’re too cute.

BTW, can we PLEASE get together before you leave for summah!?

3. says

Found your blog through Peanut Butter Runner…I won’t even try to give up coffee, because I love it too much. I did stop chewing gum for 3 weeks, but caved today. I cannot remember the last time I stepped on a scale and I love it. I can usually tell with my skinny jeans, but my legs have gotten stronger and bigger, plus now that I live in Houston and it’s hot as heck, dresses are the way to go. ;)

• Hillary says

Hi Katie! Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I’ve visited your wonderful blog several times. Ah, gum is a vice of mine, too. I’ve given it up for a few short weeks as well, but I most always have a pack of peppermint Orbit in my purse.

4. says

Way to go on the progress with “breaking up with the scale.” I had to do that myself as well! Now I never weigh myself except for at the doctor, and I don’t even think about it. Much happier after the break up. :) Glad you got the IIN homework done too! I’m still working on it…haha. Had a busy week so far. Have a great weekend!

5. says

The price of limes AND lemons are killin’ me. I am not buying limes anymore until the go down. Especially since I bought one for 79 cents and it was just a dried up carcass of a lime — boo!

That swim suit is SO cute, but so damn expensive (I think)!

6. says

We love oil pulling around these parts. Most of us who do it use coconut oil. A little strange at first, but once you get used to it, it’s like having dentist fresh teeth every day!