In the Spirit of Running

by Hillary on June 4, 2014

Happy Hump Day, and more notably, Happy National Running Day!

shoes

Seeing as that I’m a long time runner, and my blog has the adjective in it’s name, you’d probably expect I’d be out celebrating one of my favorite pastimes.

Unfortunately, I am still recovering from a long, ugly bought of bronchitis; so my running shoes are planning to go for a light stroll tonight instead.

hillontherun

On a brighter note, I signed up for race! All my fingers are crossed that my body will be well enough to run the 3.5 mile trail run next Friday night with my girlfriend. The race starts at 7:30pm and the finish line ends in the lake — should be interesting and hopefully a lot of fun! If you’ve been reading Nutrition Nut for some time, you know that I was sidelined from running in December 2012 from a knee injury; a year and half later, I am finally exercising mostly pain-free — hooray!

irun

In the spirit of running, below are some of my favorite running related posts from over the years:

Why do you run?

Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate June 4, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Love your reasons for running! Hope you feel better soon…that’s no fun at all! :(

Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} June 4, 2014 at 2:16 pm

I love your reasons for running! I, too, run for sexy calves :) and to {fingers crossed} control diabetes that runs in my family.

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health June 4, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Your reasons are the best I’ve seen yet. <3

I hope you feel better so you can enjoy the trail run! Those are so much fun. I need to sign up for another one soon.

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) June 4, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Happy national running day! That trail race sounds so fun! I wish there were more races like that around here. :)

Karen Loves to Run (@karenlovestorun) June 5, 2014 at 3:12 am

Love your reasons for running (esp the strong heart)! I run because it reminds me I can do so much more than I ever imagined! :)

Katie Morse - The Project Neon June 5, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Feel better soon! As my roommate said, runners are running all the time, so you are always celebrating National Running Day! Glad you could lace them up even for a walk though :)