Monday night’s dinner looked like this:
Flaky fish tacos with mango avocado salsa and a side of black beans with fresh corn — no dairy, no gluten, all the summertime flavor.
I’ve been making this salsa since my family went to Mexico in 2004. Having deja vu? I wrote about this salsa over four years ago (!) in this post: Eating Down Memory Lane. Holy flashback!
I am pretty sure this fresh fruit salsa will never go out of style.
Flaky Fish (Cod or Halibut suggested) >>
- Marinate fresh cod fillets with fresh lime juice, olive oil, cumin, minced garlic, and salt in the Ziploc bag in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place fish in a baking dish or parchment lined baking sheet and bake 12-15 until cooked through and flaky. The more lime juice, the flakier the fish.
Mango Avocado Salsa >>
- Dice 1 large mango and 1 large avocado into small pieces. Add to a small mixing bowl and add the juice of 1 to 2 whole limes.
- Add diced red onion (amount to your liking), 1/2 finely minced jalapeno, and a generous handful of minced fresh cilantro. Season with salt to taste. Let chill in the fridge before serving.
Recipe Notes >>
- As you can see, precise measurements for these tacos aren’t required.
- I imagine the fish would also be great grilled.
- They pair quite nicely with kombucha “margaritas”: Gingerade kombucha + tequila + fresh lime.