Gooood mornin’! I am coming at ya with my Weekly Workouts recap a little late since yesterday’s Triple Coconut Energizing Green Smoothie stole the show — now that’s a recipe to start off a fresh, healthy week!
1. I can’t believe it is MID-July.
2. I am rather impressed that I have recapped all of my workouts for the past 7 1/2 months. For fitness inspiration, motivation, and workout ideas, feel free to browse my Weekly Workouts recaps.
Last week was, unintentionally, a strong week on the fitness front. I intuitively exercised, as I typically do, which resulted in a happy balance of cardio and strength.
Workouts | Week of July 7
Monday – Dumbbell Superset Workout (@ 15lb.) + 100 (no push-up) burpees
Tuesday – 4.25 mile run (Insta video)
Wednesday – Rest
Thursday – Burpee Arm Burner (+ 20 burpees) + 5 x sandbag set + 2 mile run
- jump rope x 100 reps
- 20 kettlebell swings (@ 25lb.)
- 15 sandbag sumo squats (@ 35+ lbs.)
- 10 sandbag lunges
- 5 squat cleans + overhead press
Hello, sandbag – it’s nice to see you again.
Friday – WREC workout, not excluded to:
- 2 mile run (treadmill hills/intervals - yay!)
- (3x) 5 atomic push-ups // 20 lunges @ 30lb. // 20 wood choppers @ 15lb.
- numerous squat cleans @ 45/55lb.
- numerous deadlifts @ 75lb.
- kettlebell swings, box jumps, leg raises
Friday evening after work, I spontaneously joined my roommate for a gym date at the WREC (a.k.a. my happy place). I didn’t have a set workout in mind, so my goal was to utilize as much of the equipment I don’t have at home (i.e. treadmill, barbells, stability ball, medicine ball, plyo box, etc.); this resulted in total body soreness the following morning.
Saturday – 3 mile run
I thought Saturday might be an active rest day because I was so sore from Friday’s fun; but then I got a text from P saying he ran 6 miles on the beach in Santa Cruz. My boy doesn’t do distance, so my competitive spirit got the best of me and I got in a few hot miles myself sans sand.
Sunday – 30 min. cycle + 30 min. Vinyasa Strong Flow
Yoga – so needed at the end of this week.
* * *