Granola is one of my one of my favorite things to bake as it is nearly fail-proof.
It is also an easy DIY holiday gift. While it’s a sweet tradition for many to give gifts of sugared and swirled and icing-smothered Christmas cookies, your friends and family will undoubtedly appreciate a healthier treat delivered to their door or stuffed into their stocking.
I have made and shared a good deal of healthful granola recipes on Nutrition Nut over the years, but this might be by far the simplest.
Makes approximately 6 cups // gluten-free + vegan
- 1 bag Nuts & Seeds Super Oats™*
- 1/2 c. unsweetened coconut
- 1 c. shelled + roasted pistachios
- 1/2 c. dried cherries
- 1/3 c. coconut oil
- 1/3 c. pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Super Oats™, coconut and pistachios.
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut oil and maple syrup. Pour over oats and mix thoroughly.
- Bake in a glass baking dish for 20 minutes – then stir.
- Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix in dried cherries.
- Let cool. Store in airtight container, or wrap in mason jars and ribbon to give as a holiday gift.
*ingredients: gluten-free oats, chia seeds, almonds, quinoa flakes, amaranth flakes, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, flaxseed
As a Love Grown Blogger, I was invited to participate in the Love Blogger Holiday Recipe Contest.
>> “Like” this recipe on Pinterest (and please re-pin!)
If you vote for my recipe by “liking it” on both social media platforms, leave a comment below stating you did so to be entered into the giveaway.
>> GIVEAWAY <<
Voting ends Friday, December 12.
Giveaway winners (selected randomly) will be notified via email.
Thank you for supporting Nutrition Nut on the Run!