Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Stayfree®.
Every morning when I wake up, I don’t think, “Okay, let’s make this a healthy day.” What does that even mean? Who in the heck knows? Health and wellbeing is personal for each individual.
My journey to my role as a health coach, nutrition nut, and corporate wellness professional was not an intentional journey. Piece by piece, apple after banana, and yoga class after yoga class, I formulated a healthful life – that feels good to me… most days, that is.
I believe that a healthy lifestyle is ultimately reached when one stops trying to be healthy and just lives healthy.
Of course I think about my health and wellbeing on a daily basis, but it is the little tricks that have transformed into silent habits that keep me “on track.” Falling off-track is totally okay, too – and without falling off now and again, you can’t check your balance; here are six “tricks” I do to maintain my everyday health.
1. This is a recent ritual, but I’ve been popping two orange Vitamin C gummies each morning; it’s my tactic to keep the winter bugs away.
2. Eat breakfast. Guys, this is so old news – but, I don’t know where I’d be without a bowl of hearty oatmeal or almond butter toast to begin a new day.
3. Snack. All the time. You’ve gotta fuel the fire to keep that metabolism burning.
4. Eat greens in some form or another every day – whether it be peas in mac and cheese, a huge kale salad, broccoli in a stir-fry, or collard greens in a bottle of fresh-pressed juice. Greens equal vitality in my book.
5. Healthy fats. I talk to my health coaching clients about the importance of healthy fats – not just for every day – but for every.single.meal. Hello, nuts!
6. Movement. Two days is my max without working out and not turning into an irritated antsy pants. Whether it’s a Saturday hike, a 20-minute run after work, or a yoga class during my lunch break, exercise is my ticket to feeling my best.
Even during that womanly time of the month, I don’t ignore these essentials to maintaining my everyday health. The trick: Stayfree Ultra Thin Liners as a fitness must-have – light, dependable, unnoticeable.
Everyday Health: What are your tricks to staying on track?
New year, new you! Yoga is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle and who better to lead the yoga-lution than you. Inspired by athletic wear, Stayfree® pads feature flexible layers that move with your body from child’s pose to side crow. Visit http://www.stayfree.com/ to find which product best fits you or visit our Facebook to learn more about our mission. Also, don’t forget to use your Stayfree® purchase to get a 30-Day membership to My Yoga on Gaiam TV and access FREE yoga classes online now through March 12!