Hey friends – happy Friday to ya!
An exclusive email post was sent out this morning to all Nutrition Nut Newsletter subscribers. I’m not sure where the obsessive editor in me was when writing this (near and dear to me) post because I noticed one too many silly glitches and grammatical mistakes when re-reading it again today – oops. #embarrassing
Newsletter 14 (also meant to be titled “When you love your body…”) is something I want to share with all of you, regardless of its editorial errors.
So, just this once… I am sharing an exclusive email post with you here on the blog. Like what you see? Subscribe to the FREE Nutrition Nut Newsletter!
Earlier this week, I had a battle with negative self-talk. I came home work, changed into a pair of running shorts and tank that I hadn’t worn in a while, and immediately started criticizing what I saw in the mirror. I was so frustrated that these garments felt tighter, and that certain body parts appeared bigger, softer, and less attractive in my mind. I ripped off the outfit and changed into a different ensemble.
Despite the negative self-talk regarding the appearance of my body and fit of my clothes, I headed out for an invigorating run. That night, I texted my boyfriend to tell him “I was sweating out the negative self-talk.” The degrading thoughts that swarmed through my head that evening eventually diminished, but I am being honest with you when I say that – even as a Health Coach who supports women in loving and trusting their incredible bodies via intuitive eating and exercise – I still have my own moments to push through and grow from. These moments, admittedly, don’t come from a place of self-love.
Without a kind relationship with yourself, you cannot give yourself fully to anything in your life: your education, your career, your relationships, your hobbies, your family, your friends.
When you love your body, you will:
- Ignore all fad diets and find satisfaction by listening to your body’s cravings
- Eat intuitively by caring for your body’s hunger and fullness cues
- Exercise with joy – moving how your body requests
- Rest with appreciation – taking time off to let your muscles repair, to avoid burnout and injury, and to reduce stress
- Ditch your meetings with the bathroom scale, not allowing a number to dictate your day
- Indulge without guilt, savoring special treats
- Eliminate mindless eating and binging
- Appreciate your body during all stages of life – the slimmer seasons and the curvier seasons
- Concentrate on the people in your life, your aspirations, your purpose – not on the size of your jeans
Do you often battle with negative self-talk? How would it feel to love your body from the inside out — exchanging the exhaust of dieting and restriction to living joyfully with complete food freedom!?
I invite you schedule a free initial health consultation with me. During this personal conversation, we will discuss how I can support you to achieve your goals (and love your body!) through my 1:1 Health Coaching Program.
Email Me to Schedule Your FREE Initial Health Consultation
Wishing you all a wonderfully fresh Spring weekend! xo