Hi Guys (guessing most of my readers are actually women)!
Unlike yesterday, I don’t have a lot on my mind to ramble about tonight. It was a rather uneventful Wednesday. Thankfully, the sun decided to come out today, so that helped brighten my mood while I was at school from 10:00am – 5:00pm. It was even warm enough for an iced latte. Out of convention, I ordered decaf, so by 3:30pm I was dragging. A Tazo Black Iced Tea came to the rescue to hold me through my final class – Food Safety & Sanitation.
I had a very filling bowl of oats this morning, including a new ingredient:
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup soymilk (added after cooking)
- 1 T ground flaxseed
- 2 T walnuts
It was so creamy today – love that!
Nutrition Note: Flaxseed is full of fiber, antioxidants, and omega-3!
1) Two tablespoons of ground flaxseed (flaxseed meal) delivers 4 grams of fiber, as much fiber as 1 1/2 cups of cooked oatmeal.
2) Flaxseed contains high levels of natural antioxidants called lignans. Many plant foods have some lignans, but flaxseed has at least 75x more than any other. To get the lignans that are in just 2T of ground flaxseed, you’d need to eat about 30 cups of broccoli.
3) Once serving of ground flaxseed contains 2,400mg of omega-3.
I will be adding ground flax to my oats – among other things – from here on out : )
Tonight’s dinner came out of a box, a purple box. Any guesses? You got it…ANNIE’S! I had the exact dinner that I made for one of my first posts.
- Annie’s Shells & White Cheddar with ~1T real butter & ~1/2 cup peas
- Veggie Parfait: Avocado, Tomato, Cucumber, Seasoned Rice Vinegar & Fresh Pepper
As Caitlin would say, “nom nom nom”!
In regards to the title of this post, I think I need to join AA CA (Chocoholics Anonymous). I know it’s ironic since there isn’t a photograph of chocolate in this post, but that’s just it… If I photographed all the chocolate I consume and wrote about it, I would have to rename my blog to “Confessions of a Chocoholic”. Chocolate is my drug – I am addicted. I suppose there are worse addictions, but anything isn’t healthy in massive quantities. So, there it is…my confession. You all can be my club, my support group, as I battle this out.
I kid. I kid.
Hope you have an outstanding rest of your week. It’s all downhill from here…