What I did and didn’t do today:
- Sleep In – ugh!
- Make Banana Pancakes
- Fold Clean Laundry
- Redeem V.day Gift Card @ See’s
- Write Valentines
- Make Cucumber Salad & take hideous photos
Are you one to procrastinate your most important tasks? I fail today.
Your Questions Answered
1) What’s your go-to lunch that transports well? I have the hardest time packing a lunch for work!
I don’t usually pack complete lunches, just a thing or two to hold me over between classes. I also don’t bring anything that should be kept really cold, or that needs to be reheated. Simple, simple, simple:
- PB&Banana Sandwich
- Wrap w/ Fresh Vegetable & Hummus
- Apple, Cheese & Crackers
- Apple & PB
- Carrots & Hummus
- Dried Apricots & Raw Almonds
2) Do you like flavored lattes? If so, what’s your favorite flavor?
I’m actually not a huge fan of flavored lattes. I have slowly weened myself off of sugary espresso drinks. Back in my early espresso-drinking days, I ordered mochas, then it turned into vanilla or raw sugar lattes, and now my drink of choice is a soy, or sometimes skim, latte. I often top my hot lattes with cinnamon for warmth and flavor. I eat a fair amount of sugar as it is, so I try not to make my frequent latte habit contribute extra sugar to my diet.
3) What’s your favorite sushi roll? Have you ever made sushi at home?
One of my favorite sushi rolls is called the Dragonfly Roll: inside-out tempura prawn, avocado, cucumber, topped with shredded carrot, macadamia nuts, and a sweet chili sauce – yum! I have made sushi at home before, more than once. Of course it hasn’t been as spiffy as the roll I just mentioned, but I’ve made everything from sunomono salad to inari, and a variety of rolls.