1. Don’t fight the feeling of wanting to watch last night’s episode of The Bachelorette at 10:30 a.m. in your sweaty and muddy exercise clothes.
2. Don’t fight the feeling of wanting lunch 2 hours after eating breakfast.
3. Don’t fight the feeling of wanting a PB&J for lunch, despite eating a bowl of carbohydrates for breakfast. Just eat your vegetables.
4. Don’t fight the feeling of wanting to take photos outside in the grass for the 16th time this summer.
5. Don’t fight the feeling of wanting to take a nap after an 84-minute run, including 3 longgg hill repeats.
6. Don’t fight the feeling of wanting to bake zucchini bread an hour before dinner.
7. Don’t fight the feeling of wanting to add chocolate chips.
Summer Bliss Bread
[original recipe from me!]
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/3 c. rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 1/2 c. organic cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 T non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 c. walnuts, toasted & chopped
- 1/4 c. chocolate chips
In a smallish bowl, mix together dry ingredients. In a medium-large bowl, whisk together oil and sugar. Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time. Add yogurt and vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with the zucchini [minimal mixing is key]. Fold in nuts and chips. Plop into a greased loaf pan and bake @ 375* for 50-60 minutes.
8. Don’t fight the feeling of wanting to smear a piece with Cacao Bliss – life’s too short.
A relaxing day at the Hillary household: running, napping, baking. I hope you enjoyed a moment of relaxation on this Tuesday, too : )
- Did you participate in Running Tuesday? I sure as heck did!
- Are you watching this season of The Bachelorette? Your pick? Roberto!
- What do you like to do with zucchini? Besides baking… grilling it, or adding it to vegetable stir-fry or pasta.
* * *
ANNOUNCEMENT: SEEKING ROOMMATE(S) for HLS
I am looking for 1+ roommates for Sunday night of the Healthy Living Summit. Also, Courtney and I are willing to share our room on Thursday night, if anyone is in need of a room then.
I already have the rooms reserved for Thursday and Sunday night [I’m rooming with others Friday + Saturday]; I am just hoping to reduce the cost of the hotel expense and meet some more amazing health bloggers by sharing a room.
Please let me know [by e.mail] if you, or anyone you know, is interested. Can’t wait for Chicago! : )