Know what? I didn’t exercise today. Fancy that! You know what I did do…
- Physio lecture.
- Library study sesh.
- Phsysio lab.
- Starbucks study sesh.
- Human Nutrition exam.
- Science of Food lecture.
- Sit in the warm sunshine while waiting for the bus.
- Collapse on my bed –> 45 min. nap.
- Nutrition & Food Science Assoc. meeting
- Eat a bowl of beans.
Productive Monday – check. I may not have exercised my muscles heavily today, but I exercised my brain to exhaustion. I’ve got another packed day tomorrow, but overall this week isn’t as insane as was the previous. I’m clear of exams until…
Speaking of exams, I thought since I am a Nutrition major, and this blog supposedly focuses on nutritious eating, I thought I would share a few things that I learn in class from time to time. Sound good?
So, here’s a quiz for you:
1. What are the recommendations for percent of total calories from carbohydrate, protein, fat?
2. How many calories of energy/gram do each of the following provide: carbohydrate, protein, fat?
3. What is the leading cause of death in the U.S. today?
I’ll provide the answers in my next post : )
Today’s tasty start to the day:
~1/2 c. 0% Greek, 1/4 c. cereal, 1/4 c. homemade granola, 1/2 peach, 1/2 tsp. coconut
Artificial v. Natural [light].
Hillary, your nutty nutritionista
I told ya’ll I’d update you with my official time from my weekend race. Well, the times were finally posted, but excuse me… I am not “Age: 33”. I called the event coordinator to make this known, and am now anxiously waiting for the corrected results [there were some other mishaps, too].
At this point…
Time: 1:18:49 – slightly slower than my watch
Place: 51/143 – small race!