1 exam down. 2 to go.
3 runs down. 1 or 2 to go.
- 1 mi. indoor track run @ 8:40ish
- strength: abs + arms
2 x 12 tricep dips
2 x 12 lat pull-downs @ 40lbs.
2 x 12 seated row @ 40lbs.
12 ‘weights to chin’ – 10lb. free weights
2 x 12 oblique side dips – 10lb. free weights
4 x 1 min. planks – 2 center/1 ea. left + right side
- 3.1 mi. treadmill run
20 minutes @ 8:00 pace
4 minutes @ 7:30 pace
- 1 mi. indoor track run @ 8:00
- 3 mi. treadmill run @ 24:00 [8 minutes ea. @ 0.0, 0.5, 1.0 incline]
- 32-minute run outside in 92* sunshine – my Vitamin D dose for the day :)
- 0.5 mi. indoor track stride-outs – yay for air conditioning!
Yoga was cancelled again – ugh. BodyPump gone, now yoga!? What’s up, WREC? I must stretchhh!
1. What is the DRI of cholesterol?
<300mg/day. We do not need to consume cholesterol to survive.
2. List the fat-soluble vitamins.
Vitamins A, D, E, K
3. Omega-6 is an anti-inflammatory.
False. Omega-3 fatty acids are anti-inflammatory. The hormone-like compound, Eicosanoid, found in Omega-3 fatty acids is responsible for the relaxing of blood vessels [anti-inflammation].
Keeping a mental image of the Golden Gate to get me through the remainder of this insane week. A few more long strides to go…
See you soon, San Francisco!
* * *
Have you walked across the Golden Gate Bridge?
What’s your favorite SF food memory?
Any tapering tips?