My mom keeps me on track. Today I woke up to an e.mail from my dear mother:
“wow – 11 days without posting – is that a record?”
My BFF also observed my pause in posting as she wrote on my Facebook wall Wednesday:
“you haven’t blogged in days? what’s up!?”
Blogging isn’t fitting into my life these days. Though, I always fit in time for good food.
an attempt at granola bars…
recipe inspiration a la The Spoonful of Life
- 1 3/4 c. rolled oats
- 3/4 c. puffed brown rice
- 1/3 c. walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 c. almonds, chopped
- 1/3 c. pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 c. dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 c. dates, chopped
- 2 T chia seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. almond butter
- 1/4 c. brown rice syrup
- 1/4 c. honey
1. Combine dry ingredients.
2. Combine wet ingredients and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir to combine.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated.
4. Stir in the dried fruit.
5. Pour the mixture into an 8×8 inch baking dish and press down firmly.
6. Cut into whatever size bars your heart desires – enjoy!
The bars were a bit crumbly – perfect for topping creamy Greek yogurt or a cold bowl of cereal with fresh fruit and almond milk.
* * *
The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.