I’ve been a little behind on the blog posting front. If you haven’t caught on by now, my posting tends to go in waves. I’m okay with it.
I can’t remember that last time I did that.
For being gluten-free and vegan (no butter, oh my!), I’d say my first attempt at “breakfast cookies” turned out quite well.
You can’t feel guilty about indulging in a cookie or two at 10:00am when they’re loaded with nothing but nuts, seeds, and Omega-3s.
Almond Cherry Coconut Breakfast Cookies
inspiration a la Running to the Kitchen
- 1 c. rolled oats
- 1/2 c. almond flour
- 1/4 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 c. dried cherries
- 1/3 c. walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 T ground flaxseed
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
- 1 T pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, almond flour, coconut, cherries, walnuts, seeds, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well.
- Spoon dough (2-3 tablespoons each) onto the baking sheet and form into thick, biscuit-like cookies.
- Bake @ 350F for 20 minutes, until tops and edges turn golden brown.
Makes ~12 cookies.
Instagram for the win.
…and I’ll be seeing you soon!