It’s already the fifth day of February; I don’t want to waste any time in my aspiration to become fitter in February. There was a contagion of inspiration with the launch of the healthy sELF challenge yesterday. So much so that I went overboard with the first Meatless Monday challenge, and then found myself making a list of ways one could achieve more movement this month.
10 Ways to a Fitter February
1. Jump on board. With only 2 pieces of equipment, you’ll be a sweaty mess from this 20-minute tabata jump rope workout.
3. Be a fitnessista. Add something new to your workout wardrobe. Treat yourself to cute crops, a fresh pair of kicks, or a sparkly headband. Even a new pair of socks is motivation to move. I’m currently crushin’ the comfy compression of my Active by Old Navy gear.
4. Drink up. Hydrate with good ol’ H20… the more the merrier. I am a huge fan of metabolism-boosting green tea, too. Give your cells the refreshing gift of health.
5. Make it a date. Invite a friend to join in on your exercise… even a four-legged friend. Use the company and friendly competition to fuel your fitness.
6. HIIT it hard. Ready to amp up the intensity? High Intensity Interval Training will do just that. Check out my most popular post, 6 Treadmill HIIT Workouts, to get you started.
7. Write a letter to your body. Since it’s the month of love after all, take some time to scribble down your gratitues. We owe our bodies infinite “thank yous.”
8. Take a hike, unplugged. Whether you’re by the beach or trekking through the trees, leave your connections in the car and connect with your company, or enjoy the solitude and the scenery.
9. Set a new fitness goal. It’s only February. If you made goals for the new year, revisit them; hopefully they are not already distant dreams. Search for a spring race. Use social media tools (such as DailyMile) to set a new pace, go the distance, and find your strong.
10. Admire your arms. In times when your legs are asking for a break, focus on your upper body physique. Sleek, toned arms are never a bad thing. Try my Push-It Push-Up Workout.
* * *
What’s inspiring your fitness lately?