Good morning! For today’s Workout Wednesday post, I thought it would be appropriate to share a dorm room-friendly workout since Back to School season is here.
If you’re heading off to college, don’t forget to pack a pair of dumbbells. You can sneak them in your closet or under your twin bed. Pull them out when you have a break between classes, or are in need of a refreshing study break. Plus, adding strength training into your busy schedule – such as this quick, full-body routine – will help you steer clear of the dreaded Freshman 15.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 dumbbells, 5-15lb.
- deadlift with high pull
- reverse lunge with bicep curl
- plie squats
- push-up with row
- chest press with glute bridge
- russian twists: 1 rep = right and left
- I used two dumbbells for the plie squats. To make them easier, use one weight.
- I used one dumbbell for the v-ups.
- You can modify the push-up with row by doing plank rows (eliminate the push-up).
- workout time: approx. 20-25 minutes
* * *
Are you going back to school?
How did you stay active in college?