Gooood morning! Merry Christmas Eve Eve.
I’m jumping the gun today. Since Christmas falls on a Workout Wednesday this year, I’m sharing a new workout with y’all today — Monday. Nothing like jump-startin’ the indulgent holiday week, right?
This routine is a mix of cardio and strength. Hoppin’ on and off the bike for the strength sets keeps things interesting and allows time to fly by. I was able to do this workout at home since I have a bike trainer, but feel free to PIN this routine and take it with you to the gym.
I definitely felt this workout in my legs and bum the following morning. Oh, and plank jacks for sixty seconds — they are tough.
- spin bike or alternative cardio machine
- 1 set of dumbbells — I used 10lb. bells
- a chair/plyo box
- weighted step-up — hold one DB in each hand; step up onto a chair/box carefully and step down; alternate legs every step
- weighted lunge + knee kick — hold one DB in each hand
- weighted curtsey lunge
- If you don’t have access to an indoor spin bike, you can use a treadmill or alternative cardio machine/exercise.
- If you are at a gym, use a plyo box in lieu of the chair (much sturdier, too).
* * *
Do you workout on Christmas?
Do you split up your cardio and strength into separate workouts, or do you usually combine them?