Hi friends – I hope you had a relaxing weekend and positive start to the new week.
I slept a ton this weekend; it was glorious! I also got my first awful sunburn of the season. Sunburns are one of my pet peeves, so I was completely furious at myself. I am religious about SPF, but Sunday afternoon when P and I hit up the track for a workout, I skipped my shoulders. Blame taken and I am paying for it. I tried a new trick of soaking a cold wash cloth with apple cider vinegar and then slathering the burn with coconut oil; I’m hoping the outcome isn’t two-year tan lines as I have suffered before.
Rant over. Last week’s workouts weren’t too shabby: 3 gym workouts + 2 outdoor workouts.
Workouts | Week of April 20
1. Monday’s 25 toes-to-bar made my chest SO sore! I was still sore by Wednesday, but did 20 more.
2. I did A LOT of lunges this week: 100 weighted @ 40lbs. left my left glute ridiculously sore and Sunday’s 500 bodyweight walking lunges were just nutty.
3. Incline treadmill workouts are legit.
Monday – 30-minute Run – Walk Treadmill Workout + 15 minute Stair Master + (5x) 5 toes to bar/5 push-ups
Tuesday – Rest
Wednesday – 20 minute incline treadmill walk + 20 minute Stair Master + Smith Machine squats (incl. single leg)
- 5 toes to bar
- 5 push-ups
- 10 side bend @ 20lb. (ea. side)
- 10 bicep curls @ 20lb.
- 10 snatches @ 20lb.
- 5 stability ball push-ups
- 10 wood choppers @ 20lb. (ea. side)
- 10 chest press @ 40lb.
Thursday – 600 jump ropes + 30 sets of stairs
- 5 man makers @ 10lb.
- 10 KB squats @ 25lb.
- 15 KB swings @ 25lb.
- 20 v-ups @ 10lb.
Friday – 35 minute very hilly treadmill walk
- 20 walking lunges @ 40lb.
- 10 med ball uneven push-ups
- 10 med ball russian twists @ 12lb.
- 10 med ball jump squats @ 12lb.
Saturday – Rest
Sunday – track workout w/ P including the following… and a terrible sunburn!
- 4 x 100m walking lunges (~500 lunges total!)
- (5x) 10 tire box jumps / 5 decline push-ups
- running! #duh