Hi! I feel like I was just talking about the midway mark of half-marathon training and now Weeks 7 and 8 are in the books. The race will be here in three short weeks. Time to get serious.
I didn’t oblige by my training schedule the past couple of weeks; listening to my body versus a computer-generated plan has been the theme of this training go around.
Positives about the past two weeks include: two long runs outside — 9ish miles (unrecorded) and 11 miles, both hot and with company; and strength training — I can’t get enough of it; most is randomly created, but if it results in sore, fatigued muscles, I deem the workout a success.
Week 8 included no rest days (except for a measly outdoor run on Monday). It also didn’t include any yoga which I feel is fundamental in my training game. Here’s to finishing out the last three weeks strong and on task — no more monkeying around on the pull-up bar ;)
Half-Marathon Training | Week of July 6
- 30 minute Stair Master
- Dumbbell Superset Workout (3 sets each x 15 reps; used 12, 15, 20lb. dumbbells)
Tuesday – Rest
5 mile tempo run (treadmill), 37:30
- 1 mi. @ 8:00
- 3 mi. @ 7:08
- 1 mi. @ 8:00
1 mi. walk
- 24 squat + med ball air toss, 12lb.
- 12 push-up + rotate, 10lb.
- 6 toes to bar
- 60 minute yoga class
- 30 minute incline treadmill walk, ~2.25 mi.
- 20 overhead lunges, 20lb.
- 15 thrusters, 30lb.
- 10 deadlifts, 40lb.
- 5 burpees
- 10 squat + med ball air toss, 12lb.
- med ball toe taps
50 cable crunches, 35lb.
- Sleek & Strong Workout with Weights (did each circuit 3x instead of 2x; used 10, 15, 20lb.)
- 10 minute treadmill sprints (alternating 7:47/6:53 every minute) + 5 minute incline walking
- 60 minute stand-up paddleboard yoga class
Saturday – 75 minute walk with Mom/Rest
Sunday – 9ish mile outdoor run (slow with walking breaks)
Half-Marathon Training | Week of July 13
Monday – slow 2ish mile outdoor run
- 20 minute Stair Master
- 10 minute treadmill hill run (4.0-8.0 incline @ 7.2-7.5mph)
- 15 squats, 30lb.
- 10 single-arm snatch, 20lb. (each arm)
- 5 single-leg deadlift, 20lb. (each leg)
- 5 burpees
- 10 curtsy lunge + serve the platter, 10lb.
- 10 reverse flys, 10lb.
- 10 bent lateral raise, 10lb.
- 10 bosu jump squats
Wednesday – so random, forgot most of workout
- 5 minute row
- 5ish minute Stair Master
- 3 x 10 reps of Smith Machine squats (@ 50, 60, 60lb.)
- bosu jump squats
- jump lunges, 20lb.
- 30 minute treadmill walk/run
- Smith Machine squats (40lb. alternating single-leg and regular) + 2 x 10 @ 60lb.
- (5x) 6 toes-to-bar / 6 thrusters @ 35lb.
- (3x) 5 burpees / 10 overhead lunges @ 25lb.
- cable lateral raises + stability ball tucks
- 10 minutes Stair Master
- 20 minute treadmill walk (1.30 mile)
- Sculpted Summer Arms Workout (10, 12, 15lb.)
- 30 minute treadmill walk
- Dirty 30 Dumbbell Workout