Yesterday, I turned twenty eight. I don’t know how that happened. It feels like I turned 24 not all too long ago. However, now, in the thick of my late twenties, life feels a lot different than it did at 24, 25, or 26. My 27th year pushed me out of my comfort zone in more ways than I can count; but, because of it, I’m entering year 28 with more confidence in myself, and this crazy, messy, wonderful life.
To welcome year 28, here are 28 life lessons (including a few quotes via Pinterest) that I now know.
1. Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know.
2. You don’t have to have a 6-pack to rock a crop top.
3. Do shit that scares you.
4. Life is exhilarating outside of your comfort zone.
5. Hiking in nature is always good medicine for the soul.
6. Trust the timing of your life.
7. Throw away your damn scale.
8. Don’t let your past define you.
9. Growth is simultaneously painful and beautiful.
10. Go out for drinks… the gym will always be there.
11. Everything in life is temporary.
12. Lululemon leggings that last 6 years are worth the investment.
13. Buy the plane ticket, even when your bank account is bleak.
14. Label yourself with grace and with freedom to change.
#vegetarian #runner #blogger #healthcoach #hillary
15. Vulnerability is the only bridge to build connection.
16. Before kale and kettlebells, make sleep a priority.
17. Loving yourself may always be a work in a progress, but accepting yourself – where you are – is key.
18. Nothing feels better than the sparks of a new connection.
19. Self care is not self indulgent. Self care is self respect.
20. The best moments in life aren’t seen on Instagram.
21. It’s okay to call chips & guac and a gin & tonic dinner.
22. Listen to your doubts.
23. Sunburns are temporary, but freckles last forever. #allthesunscreen
24. It is okay not to have it all figured out in your twenties.
25. You will never regret investing in your health. Take care of yourself first.
26. Buy the $5 almond milk latte or $8 green juice. Life is all about the little things.
27. Change, like healing, takes time.
28. Perfection is uninteresting.