There is always that one summer that changes you.
Now that it’s mid-September, the summer adventures are winding up and I can feel Fall making its way here with cooler mornings and shorter days. I am more than ready to welcome a new season because Summer 2017 was completely satisfying; it was truly one of the best summers I can remember — filling me up with more adventure, love, and gratitude than I could have ever imagined.
Summer 2017 Memories
– a blissful tropical vacation in Kauai with family, including: snorkeling, swimming with sea turtles, hiking the Napali Coast, sipping fresh coconut water, hiking through the lush jungle, and enjoying casual sunset dinners on the lanai
– chasing waterfalls with friends & furry, 4-legged friends
– camping (and kayaking) at Whiskeytown Lake for 4th of July weekend
– cucumber mint cocktails & bowls of B Street chips and guacamole enjoyed al fresco
– bike rides to coffee, bike rides to lunch, and bike rides with the Sierra Nevada CEO
– lazy weekend afternoons spent floating on the Sacramento river
– henna tattoos and jasmine mint lavender iced tea
– sunny Saturday mornings buying out the farmer’s market — my happy place
– Chris Stapleton concert with the bestie
– stand-up paddleboard yoga
– a long weekend in Montana with family, including: cruising through Yellowstone with my cousins, shooting a gun for the first time, fishing, backyard BBQs (where I tried my brother’s elk meat!), and the most picturesque hike
– breaking in my first pair of Birkenstock sandals
– viewing the Total Solar Eclipse with 100+ of my coworkers in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Estate Garden
With the first day of fall just one week away, I’m headed off to the Central California Coast for one final hoorah to wrap-up the joyous season that was Summer 2017.
Adios until autumn!