Good morning, friends & HAPPY Friday!
Photo a la November 2009: For the Love of Leaves
I celebrated the first day of Fall by jumping out of bed at 7:00am to take advantage of the cooler September air with a 30-minute jog around my neighborhood
Once I had jump-started my metabolism for the day, I fueled up with a trail mix buckwheat bowl – delicious!
Trail Mix Buckwheat Bowl
- 1/2 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk + 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. creamy buckwheat cereal
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 T ground flax + cinnamon
- topped with:
- 2 tsp. raw walnuts, 1 tsp. pepitas, 1/2 tsp. chia seeds
- 2 dried apricots, small spoonful of sunflower seed butter
And now, even though the weather forecast may be a high of 99F today and I am still slurping iced coffee all day, every day, that doesn’t mean we can’t get excited about fall baking!
Here’s a list of past fall recipes to get rev up your autumn appetite: