Hey there — happy Friday! I’ve missed you guys. Our annual health assessments started this week at work, which meant three 6:15am start times for this girl. I’m not complaining about overtime though; I need all the extra pennies for my upcoming trip… prepping for said trip has also kept my mind running.
Anyway… it is time for Friday Feature number seven. I am very happy to have Brittany, of Eating Bird Food, on the blog today. Britt is a fellow LOVE Blogger and huge inspiration amongst the healthy living blog world.
I admire Brittany because I think she is a perfect example of my belief that a healthy lifestyle is ultimately reached when one stops trying to be healthy and just lives healthy. Plus, her recipes are creative, nutrient-rich, and delish.
Britt shared a bite of her bird food with y’all today in our Q & A below — enjoy, my little birdies!
Q & A with Brittany Mullins | Eating Bird Food
1. What are three things you do every day in pursuit of a healthy lifestyle?
– Get in some sort of movement — even if it’s just a short walk
– Drink a ton of water + start my day with apple cider vinegar
– Incorporate a least one fruit or veggie into each of my meals
2. You’re a certified holistic health coach. What did you enjoy most about your schooling from IIN? What advice would you give to others interested in the program?
Yes, I graduated from the program in 2011! Throughout school, my favorite part was learning all the different dietary theories and getting to hear many health activists that I follow like Andrew Weil speak. Now the thing I enjoy most is helping my clients live a healthy, balanced life. I would tell anyone thinking about the program to go for it! It’s a great program if you want to start your own health coaching business. I’m always happy to answer any additional questions about the program through email (eatingbirdfood at gmail dot com).
3. Since it’s the start of Fall, what autumn recipes are you looking forward to cooking/baking up the most?
Anything with apples, butternut squash, kabocha squash and pumpkin. Here are a few of my favorite fall recipes: Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix // Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies // Sweet Potato Quinoa Cakes.
4. What are five foods you cannot live without?
I only get to choose five? That’s tough. :)
1. Almond Butter // 2. Egg Whites // 3. Oatmeal // 4. Sweet potatoes // 5. Kale
5. What is your proudest moment as the author of Eating Bird Food?
One time I was shopping at Whole Foods and a woman came up to me, said she read my blog (which always makes my day), but then she proceeded to tell me that through reading my blog and making recipes that I post she had lost over 20lbs! This made me so happy, I almost started crying. It’s such a good feeling to know that my blog is actually helping people make positive changes in their life!
Previously on Friday Feature: