These two safer skincare products have helped me achieve a year-round healthy glow. Get a promo code for your first Beautycounter order at the bottom of the post!
News flash: I don’t have flawless skin.
Let’s be real, who does!?
I wasn’t born with incredible skin genes. Then enter nearly a decade of battling acne and not wearing enough sunscreen for my fair, freckled skin… now here I am tirelessly treating acne scars, sun spots, and fine lines.
Luckily, I have a better understanding of how to take care of my skin (hello SPF and hydration!), so – fingers crossed – my thirties will continue to be a better decade for my complexion than my twenties.
My skin has responded well to Beautycounter products, but it wasn’t until I started using the Overnight Resurfacing Peel in tandem with the All Bright C Serum that I started to see a noticeable difference.
My Results Using the Overnight Resurfacing Peel & All Bright C Serum
Both products help to increase radiance and even skin tone, but the peel is doing a lot of the work with 15 botanically-derived acids that gently yet effectively exfoliate your skin. It also works to minimize the appearance of pores, fine lines, and dark spots without irritation or over-drying. The biggest difference I’ve noticed is the texture of my skin – it’s so smooth!
Overall, my skin tone is more even, fine lines aren’t as prominent, and any dullness has been replaced with a year-round glow – hallelujah!
What does the peel do?
- Promotes cell turnover for a smoother complexion
- Minimizes the appearance of pores
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines
- Reduces appearance of dark spots and age spots
- Evens skin tone
- Boosts radiance
Beautycounter’s Chief Scientist said that the Overnight Resurfacing Peel will give you quick results versus some of the other Beautycounter products that take continued use to notice a visible change.
How should I use the peel?
- Use 3-4x a week at night in place of your serum, before a moisturizer
- Wait 3 minutes after applying the peel before applying your moisturizer
- Leave on overnight and complete your usual morning skincare routine
How does the peel work?
- 15 botanically-derived acids resurface your skin without causing irritation
- 9 of those are resurfacing acids that work to slough off dead skin cells
- 6 are soothing acids that rehydrate and replenish skin
- Note: you may feel a tingling sensation, but skin does not actually flake off
What does the serum do?
- It brightens skin and defends against environmental stressors, known to cause dark spots and discoloration.
- It helps support skin’s natural collagen production.
- It offers antioxidant protection against pollution and daily stressors.
How should I use the serum?
- Use the All Bright C Serum as a “treat” step with any regimen.
- After cleansing and toning in the morning, use your regimen’s regular serum (optional), then layer All Bright C Serum on top.
- Follow with moisturizer (and SPF!).
What about vitamin C stability?
Vitamin C can be very unstable—especially in its purest form, L-ascorbic—which means that it can lose its effectiveness quickly. So we created a blend of two ultra-stable forms of vitamin C for a supercharged 10% potency.
When a serum’s concentration of vitamin C is too high, there’s a chance of skin irritation—but when it’s too low, it doesn’t deliver as many benefits.
The ABC serum ultra-stable 10% dose of vitamin C includes:
- 5% Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate: This antioxidant helps reduce the appearance of dark spots and boosts skin brightening to reveal youthful-looking skin.
- 5% Bis-Glyceryl Ascorbate: A second form of vitamin C, this ingredient moisturizes skin while providing antioxidant benefits known to protect skin from damaging environmental stressors—and helps improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Beautycounter is proof that safer products can be high-performing, too.
Beautycounter is committed to a safety standard that goes well beyond what is required by U.S. law. They prohibit the use of more than 1,800 questionable or harmful chemicals, all while ensuring the products perform and that they are as indulgent as any other luxe personal care product on the market.
Get a bottle of the Overnight Resurfacing Peel here.
Get a bottle of the All Bright C Serum here.
Save on Safer
Get 20% off with code CLEANFORALL20
If you don’t have a skincare routine you love, fill out this quick questionnaire – I’d be happy to help you!
Cheers to safer skincare and happy, healthy, glowing skin!