waking up in clean sheets.
making muffins in a quiet kitchen while the roommates are soundly sleeping [recipe on the way!].
running in the park with a girlfriend before the rain arrives.
the weekly trip to Trader Joe’s and Safeway.
Safeway!? Honestly, I am not a huge fan of said chain market. I can attribute this to my privileged upbringing of having local, natural food cooperatives and farmers’ markets a mere few blocks away from home. Strolling the aisles of highly-commercialized food products doesn’t fancy my interest; that being said, I am a Club Member and will occasionally rush through the Americanized grocery to score a decent deal or two.
Recently, I was contacted to see if I’d be interested in noting my experience with the company’s SimpleNutrition program by way of a generous “ticket” of $50 to use at the store. [What college student rejects free groceries!?] Since receiving the card, I’ve made two separate trips to Safeway and have yet to zero my gifted balance. I am, on the other hand, pleased to see the shelves adorned with informative health claims to assist shoppers in making better nutrition choices.
About the program:
Here’s what you’ll find in our stores:
- Tags highlighting up to two key nutrient and ingredient benefits. Items featuring a nutrient benefit are first screened against our SimpleNutrition program criteria. Items that pass the criteria are further evaluated to determine whether they qualify for a SimpleNutrition benefit shelf tag.
- Nutrition benefit tags include Made with Whole Grains, Sodium Smart, Good Source of Fiber, Low in Fat, Good Source of Calcium and many more. You’ll also find products tagged with benefits such as Gluten Free and Organic. Look for the green tags while you shop!
- Affordable choices with our Everyday Low Prices and Club Card Specials.
Here’s what you’ll find on our website:
- Money-saving tips. These tips are delicious, nutritious and easy on the wallet, too.
- Recipes. Get great tasting recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner right here.
- Nutrition Center. Our Nutrition Experts answer many common questions, plus you can browse our Nutrition Guide and review articles on health and nutrition.
Are you a Safeway [or sister store] shopper? If so, has the SimpleNutrition program been of use to you?
editing my restaurant review and studying the diets of upper and lower GI diseases.
Until next time!