1. Monday night activities included a trip to Urgent Care for four stitches in my right thumb. A finger splint wasn’t the accessory I was planning to wear to a NYC wedding; but, apparently, washing dishes isn’t as innocent as it seems. #ouch
2. Chia bars are the ideal travel snack to pack… as are single servings of Justin’s almond butter. #healthytraveler
Two one thumb’s up for sunny Sunday hikes.
4. Two thumbs down for reoccurring knee pain <insert frown>.
5. Egg whites and mashed banana can be made into “oatmeal” — go figure! — but it doesn’t even compare to a creamy bowl of super oats.
6. Did you see this image I posted on the Nutrition Nut Facebook page? Me in a nutshell.
7. Make this curried lentil soup — it is simple, spicy, and warms up your body on a cool, fall day.
8. I’m on Day 9 (of 10) of a sugar detox and am quite surprised at how “easy” it has been. I’ll post about my experience after my travels.
9. I am making these gluten-free pumpkin oat pancakes as soon as soon as I’m done with said detox/home from NYC/have a working right thumb.
10. While I am away on the East Coast for a few days, stay tuned for posts from three fabulous guest bloggers (and a giveaway!).
- Tuesday Tidbits | 8.20.13
- Tuesday Tidbits | 7.16.13
- Tuesday Tidbits | 6.11.13
- Tuesday Tidbits | 4.16.13
- Tuesday Tidbits | 3.19.13
- Tuesday Tidbits | 2.19.13
* * *
What are your typical travel snacks?
Have you ever been stitched up? (ahem, treadmill fail)