I am currently training to run Half-Marathon No. 6 on February 5th in Davis, California. I pulled this training plan outta my (Nike compressioned) behind, and I aim to adhere to it for the following 5 weeks with the help of my new running toy.
I will record my progress in the log below. Click individual workouts for details via DailyMile.
Also to note, you can find previous training logs from Half #3, 4 + 5 on my Training + Racing page.
– thirteen point one –
Week of January 1
- Sunday: 8 mi. run
- Monday: 30-minute cycle + 30-minute strength class
- Tuesday: 30-minute TM walk + 24-minute fitness routine
- Wednesday: 5 mi. run
- Thursday: 4.5 mi. run
- Friday: 45-minute TM intervals + abs/arms
- Saturday: 30-minute HIIT run + abs/arms
Notes: I accomplished just about everything this week on my #makeitcount training plan, except for the 1 yoga class; I stretched some, but I’m not counting that. Also, my strength training was pretty “weak”. I can not wait to get back to the WREC and lift lift lift! I miss my kettlebells. I haven’t taken a true rest day in a while now, so that should probably happen soon.
Week of January 8
- Sunday: 9 mi. run
- Monday: 4 mi. run + abs
- Tuesday: 4.25 mi. run (hill repeats) + lean arms routine
- Wednesday: 60-minute DanceFit + 20-minute TM walk
- Thursday: 7.3 mi. run + 50-minute strength class
- Friday: 3.95 mi. run
- Saturday: 11 mi. run
Notes: Another solid week of training for the books. After a 19-day exercise streak (93.9 miles!), I am
looking forwardin need of a rest day. I enjoyed my hill workout Tuesday and early morning strength training class + unexpected 7-miler Thursday. Running al fresco in the beautiful winter weather the past few weeks has been rejuvenating, but I am very excited for my return to the WREC – cycling, HIIT, lifting, and yoga… here I come!
Week of January 15
- Monday: 1 mi. ITR + 20-minute cycle + 20-minute StairMaster + jump-rope, etc.
- Tuesday: 1 mi. ITR + 32-minute HIIT run + strength training (jump-rope, kettlebells, etc.)
- Wednesday: 4.2 mi. run + strength training
- Thursday: 20-minute HIIT run + 60-minute yoga class + lean arms routine (2x)
- Friday: 30-minute cycle class
- Saturday: 0.5 mi. ITR + 2.5 mi. TM run + strength training
Notes: It’s good to be at the working it at the WREC. Clearly, I missed it and tried to “make up” for my absence with 7 separate visits in 6 days. I did my LR for the week a day early, which is why my overall mileage appears low. I’m proud of myself for fitting in 2 HIIT workouts, 1 yoga class and plenty of strength training, per my plan. A little anxious about my longest LR tomorrow in the pouring rain…
Week of January 22
- Sunday: 14.4 mi. run – PDR!
- Monday: 1 mi. ITR + arms/abs
- Tuesday: 4 mi. run + 60-minute yoga class + kettlebells (random)
- Wednesday: 5 mi. run + kettlebells/sandbag!
- Thursday: 24-minute HIIT run + 60-minute yoga class
- Friday: 2 mi. TM run + 12-minute cycle + 12-minute StairMaster + abs
- Saturday: 1 mi. ITR + 60-minute kettlebells/sandbag circuit
Notes: 1 rest day in 4 weeks. That’s sort of insane, but I swear I’ve been listening to my body. There have been some easier workouts in the mix. I only fit in 1 HIIT workout this week, but I’m not too worried about it. I attended 2 “level II” yoga classes, and had a blast with some stellar sandbag and kettlebell strength training. Thanking my body for its strength and immunity (knock on wood). Looking forward to my final week of training for Half #6 – it sure flew by!
Week of January 29
- Sunday: 9 mi. run
- Monday: 20-minute TM walk + 10-minute TM run + 10-minute cycle
- Tuesday: 28-minute HIIT run + 1 mi. ITR + lean arms routine
- Wednesday: 5.65 mi. run
- Thursday: 1 mi. TM run/1 mi. ITR + strength training
- Friday: 60-minute yoga class + 10-minute cycle
- Saturday: 1 mi. ITR + 20-minute cycle
Notes: When you’re a freak about fitness, tapering is hard… but I think I did a pretty good job of taking it easy this week. I gave training for Half #6 my all. I am ready!
- Sunday: RACE DAY! Race Recap HERE!